CentOS is one of our 'official' distros at BEL Project

A 5 star hangout for overworked and underpaid system admins.
bigbearomaha
Location: I, Big Bear, am in Omaha, NE. BEL Project is global

CentOS is one of our 'official' distros at BEL Project

Post by bigbearomaha » 2009/05/30 17:30:01

i want to say 'Job well done' to the CentOS team.

At BEL Project ( Business Edition Linux) our goal is to help small business and school users adopt Linux to be more productive.

We 'officially support' 5 distros currently that we believe represent the best of Linux for specific uses and just in general.

CentOS is our choice as an 'Enterprise' level server. We recommend it to our users who need a secure and reliable web server, etc... CentOS being based on RH makes it easy to find documentation relating to fixes and suggestions in operations.. It's also what we recommend for users seeking Linux Certification.

Our team members often browse the 'supported' distro forums, always on the lookout for tips and fixes for each distro as well as good ideas in general. Don't be surprised to see one of us in here looking for information to solve one of our small business/school users issues.

Also, if anyone in here is interested in learning more about working with and supporting Linux for small business and schools, BEL Project is always open to bringing on new team members to make our forums, wiki and irc channel the best they can be.

Thanks again for being, in our eyes, one of the best Linux has to offer.

Big Bear

toracat
Site Admin

Re: CentOS is one of our 'official' distros at BEL Project

Post by toracat » 2009/05/30 18:34:30

Thank you for posting positive words on CentOS. Welcome to the CentOS forums. Perhaps, you might want to set up a signature and include your URL?

bigbearomaha

Post by bigbearomaha » 2009/05/30 19:17:06

I appreciate that. I did just that.

We will try not to make pests of ourselves. Our first rule is to "search first" before we ever do any posting. most of the work has been done ahead of us, it's just a matter of us finding it.

CentOS has a very well documented forum and wiki though. Lots of good info already there.

bigbearomaha

Post by bigbearomaha » 2009/06/07 17:30:57

[url=http://pclosbe.org/mwiki/index.php?title=Issue_20]BEL Project Newsletter, Issue #20[/url]

now available

Big Bear

bigbearomaha

Post by bigbearomaha » 2009/06/13 18:21:02

Here is a bit more information about BEL Project at .[url=http://linuxgeeksunited.blogspot.com/]Polar Bears and Penguins[/url] blog spot.

drcole

Post by drcole » 2009/06/19 08:38:48

good job,Thank You! :-D

bigbearomaha

Post by bigbearomaha » 2009/06/20 17:38:00

Well, without top notch distros like CentOS and others, We wouldn't be able to do anything.

While I'm at it:

BEL Project is looking for your remaster of CentOS.

Our goal is to provide customized ISO's that are ideal for use in small business and in schools.

We are looking for servers that are able to be used 'out of the box' and school and business workstations in the same vein.

Do you like to customize and remaster? Do you enjoy volunteering to help communities in small business and schools?

Bring your small business and school optimized remasters of CentOS to BEL Project and help us help them.

Big Bear

bigbearomaha

Post by bigbearomaha » 2009/06/28 01:28:50

BEL Project has a new domain name and a new homepage. [url=http://belproject.org]BEL Project[/url]

The BEL Project Monthly newsletter will now be available at the end of each month. [url=http://belproject.org/?page_id=34]newsletter[/url]

If you know of a local school, non-profit or small business that could benefit from adopting Linux and OpenSource, We will be glad to help them get started at BEL Project.

WhatsHisName

Post by WhatsHisName » 2009/06/28 01:31:02

Sorry, but this is starting to look like spam.

bump

bump

bump

bigbearomaha

Post by bigbearomaha » 2009/06/28 13:02:20

OR, it could be what it is. an effort to communicate with people and encourage discussion.

Because we as a Project have chosen to use CentOS as one of our 'officially supported' distros, we feel an obligation to let each of those selected distro communities know what we are doing. Keep things above the table, so to speak.

So, if we try to keep our relevant information to this one thread, instead of all over the forum, we believe we are posting responsibly.

We want both the target markets users we work with and the Linux distros we support to feel confident that this project is working to the best use of OpenSource software and projected image of Linux and not behaving in a detrimental way.

Have Fun.

Big Bear