Preparation for Red Hat System Administration

A 5 star hangout for overworked and underpaid system admins.
PaulSr

Re: Preparation for Red Hat System Administration

Post by PaulSr » 2016/12/19 15:44:03

First things First... Hello CentOS Forums people! I am Paul the elder. Not to be confused with PaulJr. :mrgreen: I'm on a mission to get RH Certified and came upon this post as the result of a search. I have ~25yrs experience in the "Data Processing" industry. Yeah, that's what we called IT back then. The first production machine I worked with was a IBM System3, Model 15D. At the time that was the cats meow in technology. To make a very long story short, I recently retired and decided to start an IT based company selling web hosting and related IT services. It's come a long way, as I started this journey over a year ago. However, recruiting people to get involved with my project hasn't been easy. There are multiple reasons for that but, none of which are important at the moment. What is important, to me, is to get RHCSA certified in 2017. Which brings me to the other reason for making this post...
haliway wrote:If you wish to pass the exam, I have some remaining vouchers that my guys are not going to use.
Hello haliway, if you still have vouchers for sale, I'm interested. Please PM me including a contact number and best time to reach out to you. I have some procedural questions.

Thanks, PaulSr

haliway

Post by haliway » 2016/12/20 23:21:52

PaulSr wrote:First things First... Hello CentOS Forums people! I am Paul the elder. Not to be confused with PaulJr. :mrgreen: I'm on a mission to get RH Certified and came upon this post as the result of a search. I have ~25yrs experience in the "Data Processing" industry. Yeah, that's what we called IT back then. The first production machine I worked with was a IBM System3, Model 15D. At the time that was the cats meow in technology. To make a very long story short, I recently retired and decided to start an IT based company selling web hosting and related IT services. It's come a long way, as I started this journey over a year ago. However, recruiting people to get involved with my project hasn't been easy. There are multiple reasons for that but, none of which are important at the moment. What is important, to me, is to get RHCSA certified in 2017. Which brings me to the other reason for making this post...
haliway wrote:If you wish to pass the exam, I have some remaining vouchers that my guys are not going to use.
Hello haliway, if you still have vouchers for sale, I'm interested. Please PM me including a contact number and best time to reach out to you. I have some procedural questions.

Thanks, PaulSr
Hi Paul what kind of questions. I can share a phone number but sharing my phone number on Internet is not really what i would like but lets PM

PaulSr

Post by PaulSr » 2016/12/21 01:15:00

haliway wrote:
Hi Paul what kind of questions. I can share a phone number but sharing my phone number on Internet is not really what i would like but lets PM
I replied to your PM.

Thanks,
Paul

haliway

Post by haliway » 2016/12/21 22:09:29

kamilboratynski wrote:I am Red Hat Certified Engineer. Actually, I would really recommend reading the following books I placed in references below. They cover RHCSA and RHCE exams objectives. More or less, I would recommend you to focus on understanding not remembering things. Be sure you can do these tasks relatively quickly. I would recommend doing some example exams that are available in books, I mentioned. [4] - this website has great example quizzes and tests.

References:
[1]: RH124 - Red Hat Administration I
[2]: RH134 - Red Hat Administration II
[3]: RH254 - Red Hat Administration III
[4]: CertDepot - https://www.certdepot.net
I kind of agree with you but some new syntax introduced with SystemD are really not intuitive and I really recommend to learn some key arguments by heart otherwise you will try to find the correct command line with arguments to use without never being able to find the correct one. And one thing... RHCE is 3,5h and I can tell you that it´s really challenging.

haliway

Post by haliway » 2016/12/21 22:18:33

PaulSr wrote:
haliway wrote:
I replied to your PM.

Thanks,
Paul
[Moderator]
Please note that this forum is not for buying and selling items.

Randy

Post by Randy » 2017/08/07 12:02:19

I used Certdepot.net to help me out with my RHCSA and RHCE. For long time I was looking for study-material to get some CoE towards RHCE. I found these on LinuxAcademy.com where 3 CoE courses are ready. They also provide RHCSA and RHCE courses.

You can get a free 60-day access voucher at Microsoft Visual Studio Dev Essentials. And as a bonus you’ll get a discount when subscribing afterwards. You don’t have access to the provided cloud servers and Hands on Labs in the trial but if gives you access to the training material and video’s so you’ll see the $199/year is absolutely worth it!

Remember: hands-on experience is mandatory. You do need extensive lab training to become RHCSA or RHCE (and beyound). You won't get multiple choise questions like for instance Microsoft exams, where a question could be "A monkey falls out of a tree. He falls: a) down, b) up, c) left, d) right. :-)