Conga Cluster Problem, Services Disabled

Issues related to applications and software problems
eabruzzese

Post by eabruzzese » 2011/11/14 00:30:21

Hello everyone.

I'm hoping someone might be able to help me with an issue that I've been having while setting up clustering in CentOS 6 with luci and ricci.

Here's a rundown of my setup:

1 server running luci (this is a test environment)
3 servers running ricci

iptables is currently OFF on all machines.
I have chkconfig'd the necessary services on the nodes.
The nodes are all aware of each other via entries in /etc/hosts

The issue that I'm having is as follows:

After installing and configuring the boxes, I started up luci, browsed to the web interface, and logged in successfully.

I created a new cluster, called it "Apache" (my end goal is a simple Apache failover for now), and added the nodes.

The nodes are added successfully, packages downloaded, services installed, etc. Everything looks okay.

Now, I go and configure a global IP Address resource. I configure the resource to be 10.0.1.30/25, monitor link on.

Then I go to services, and I add a new service. I give the service the IP Address resource I just created. I add it.

A few seconds pass, the page refreshes, and it lists the service as "disabled". I cannot get it to run on any of the boxes. I have tried starting it by clicking "start", as well as the "start on node..." dropdown. It simply stays listed as disabled, and the IP does not come up when running "ip addr list" on any of the nodes.

/var/log/messages on all of the ricci servers show that the cluster.conf is updated, and the configured service is "started". I have tried rebooting the boxes, unjoining/rejoining them to the cluster, and a slew of other things. I'm a bit lost here. Has anyone else had this experience?

I had also noticed in a few other examples that they were using "clustat". My attempt to run this found that rgmanager was not installed on the luci server. Is that normal? I feel like I'm doing something wrong here, or missing something important. I have read through the documentation numerous times. Can anyone shed some light on this for me?

Thank you for you help!

Eric Abruzzese

grifs71

Post by grifs71 » 2011/11/14 02:39:20

I setup some apache clusters in CentOS5 I still have my configuration.

If I remember correctly setup your config on the first server, then scp the file over the second server.

Your clustered IP will be the one in which your apache website is resolved in dns to, this way you can unplug/turn off 1 of them and it will fail over.

I have all of the commands or the correct way to use them somewhere in my old work notes.

My setup was pretty simple but it was solid and ran in production without any problems.

eabruzzese

Re: Conga Cluster Problem, Services Disabled

Post by eabruzzese » 2011/11/14 02:50:53

[quote]
grifs71 wrote:
I setup some apache clusters in CentOS5 I still have my configuration.

If I remember correctly setup your config on the first server, then scp the file over the second server.

Your clustered IP will be the one in which your apache website is resolved in dns to, this way you can unplug/turn off 1 of them and it will fail over.

I have all of the commands or the correct way to use them somewhere in my old work notes.

My setup was pretty simple but it was solid and ran in production without any problems.[/quote]

Thanks for you reply.

Do you have any experience with luci/ricci/Conga?

Specifically, I'm wondering if ricci has to be installed on the luci server as well as the nodes?

Thanks again for your help.

Eric

grifs71

Re: Conga Cluster Problem, Services Disabled

Post by grifs71 » 2011/12/29 20:56:13

I remember the service I set up was using fencing, so if one node crashed out, it would pick up automatically.

It did work, I tested it out and it allowed me to update the individual servers then move the quorum back to the first server.

You copy your config over to the secondary server.