always still the same

General support questions
pabloengenharia

always still the same

Post by pabloengenharia » 2015/01/31 17:43:58

Hi guys. First of all, excuse me for my poor English, and unlikely I'm gonna write a lot of English mistakes.
I've got running Linux about 2003 and I got away for the last 6 years. For my sad surprise the most simple and ordinary functions on the desktop are still harsh to do. For example, auto-hide on top/bottom bars. We need spend a lot of time until give up or install another fu* extension if we have luck enough to have the necessary version of a dozens of stuff. For god's sake, be organized. I had to create a spreadsheet with more them 300 items to manage which one if have to update, or downgrade, and I have to research a lot to see what's impact it's gonna have on my system. It wouldn't be so awful if I've been talking about a server, but it's the routine for my notebook. Why we can't have a fu* simple, and a ordinary menu in all applications? Including the system native applications? I love edit my system, but the most of time, I spend more efforts to figure out where is the fu* .config files in this another new bastard version. Sometimes, it changes 'cause of the kernel, another dozens times, only because the company behind the software solve to do and give a shit for the users. For many people, like me, we need a stable, beautiful and powerful system. And we love Linux, but I wish to be able to use that along the day, during a meeting, with no preoccupations, or without stop my work to figure out what's fu* is that new window or that new error message, or even more frustrating, why nothing happens when I click on that button.

I'm likely gonna be crucified, but at least think about.

gerald_clark

Re: always still the same

Post by gerald_clark » 2015/01/31 19:07:35

CentOS compiles the source files released by RHEL.
CentOS has no part in the design nor in bug fixes.
The official documentation is here: https://access.redhat.com/knowledge/docs/