Centos 5 Davfs2 not terminating when connection times out

Issues related to software problems.
techfour

Centos 5 Davfs2 not terminating when connection times out

Post by techfour » 2014/02/17 15:49:01

I'm running the following configuration:

CentOS release 5.9 neon-0.25.5-10.el5_4.1 davfs2-1.4.6-1.el5.rf

I'm testing davfs2 by connecting from a Centos server to dav.box.com. It works fine as long as the server dav.box.com is accessible on the internet. I asked my self what will happen if dav.box.com is not responding or if it's responding but the remote share doesn't exist.

I went ahead and mapped dav.box.com on my /etc/hosts file to a non accessible IP address and this is what happened:

a. When I try mounting using the following command line:

mount -t davfs dav.box.com/dav /mnt/box.com

b. The server creates the following process:

[Centos]# ps -ef | grep mount davfs2 17925 1 0 15:16 pts/0 00:00:00 /sbin/mount.davfs dav.box.com/dav /mnt/box_com -o rw

c. This process stays there indefinitely creating the following messages:

[Centos]# /sbin/mount.davfs: connection timed out two times; trying one last time [Centos]# /sbin/mount.davfs: connection timed out two times; trying one last time /sbin/mount.davfs: server temporarily unreachable; mounting anyway

d. After 3 times trying, the "df -h" will hang for few minutes until it shows the mount point: https://dav.box.com/dav 26G 13G 13G 50% /mnt/box.com

It shows the mount point which is not accessible.

e. The davfs2 process stays alive:

[Centos]# ps -ef | grep mount davfs2 17925 1 0 15:16 pts/0 00:00:00 /sbin/mount.davfs dav.box.com/dav /mnt/box.com -o rw

f. It creates the following entry under /proc/mount

https://dav.box.com/dav /mnt/box_com fuse rw,nosuid,nodev,user_id=0,group_id=0,allow_other,max_read=16384 0 0

I checked all the davfs2 config options and nothing is letting me to automatically umount if connection times out. The davfs2 version on Ubuntu has a nomountanyway option which don't exist on the Centos davfs2.

How can I try in Centos 5.9 to mount dav.box.com/dav in a way that if it doesn't mount properly because the connection is timing out or the share doesn't exist, it will completely terminate any davfs2 process and do a umount ??

Thanks in advanced.

gerald_clark

Re: Centos 5 Davfs2 not terminating when connection times ou

Post by gerald_clark » 2014/02/17 16:14:53

CentOS does not have davfs2.
You got that from repoforge, and need to address your questions there.