selinux reports rtkit doing ptrace

Support for security such as Firewalls and securing linux
miksummerpear

selinux reports rtkit doing ptrace

Post by miksummerpear » 2021/01/11 14:19:51

Hi I'm new to the forum so apologies in advance if my post is not good. But I've looked through the centos 8 security board and found no posts related to rtkit.
I got centos 8.3.2011 couple days ago and the checksum is correct. But then as I leave the PC on for a couple days running long programs, SELinux starts to say things like 'rtkit-daemon is doing a ptrace'. Speficially, it's something like this:

Code: Select all

Jan 11 18:33:59 192.168.0.101 setroubleshoot[58874]: SELinux is preventing rtkit-daemon from sys_ptrace access on the cap_userns labeled rtkit_daemon_t.

*****  Plugin catchall (100. confidence) suggests   **************************

If you believe that rtkit-daemon should be allowed sys_ptrace access on cap_userns labeled rtkit_daemon_t by default.
                                                     Then you should report this as a bug.
                                                     You can generate a local policy module to allow this access.
                                                     Do
                                                     allow this access for now by executing:
                                                     # ausearch -c 'rtkit-daemon' --raw | audit2allow -M my-rtkitdaemon
                                                     # semodule -X 300 -i my-rtkitdaemon.pp
Is this a false alarm? It's been popping up for a couple of times now.
Thanks in advance.