1. By a restart, I get the error "[FAILED] Failed to start Network Manager Wait Online. See 'systemctl status NetworkManager-wait-online.service' for details." after choosing a kernel.
2. This error only happens when the ethernet cord is plugged into the ethernet card.
3. When the cord is plugged in, the wired connection symbol tries to connect when logged in.
4. After about 1-2 minutes, a notification shows stating: "Connection failed. Activation of network connection failed."
Here is the output of
Code: Select all
systemctl status NetworkManager-wait-online.service
Code: Select all
● NetworkManager-wait-online.service - Network Manager Wait Online Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/NetworkManager-wait-online.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled) Active: active (exited) since Tue 2020-10-27 10:45:41 CET; 23min ago Docs: man:nm-online(1) Main PID: 1453 (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS) Tasks: 0 (limit: 203423) Memory: 0B CGroup: /system.slice/NetworkManager-wait-online.service Oct 27 10:45:18 localhost.localdomain systemd: Starting Network Manager Wait Online... Oct 27 10:45:41 localhost.localdomain systemd: Started Network Manager Wait Online.
I have Wifi access on .193 and no wifi access on .80. I needed .80 for an application but the company just released a new version which now works on .193 so I will be deleting the .80 kernel. I tried 5.9 kernel to see if it was/is a kernel problem but the internet issue is also there. What I find strange, is that the wired connection did work on a fresh install and doesn't work anymore. I haven't messed with any configurations outside of adding things to PATH, env and so on.
Any help/insight is greatly appreciated.