Here is the context :
Before centos 8 migration :
We have a PostgreSQL database (v 10) running on centos7 (aka DB-7).
we have a machine in centos 7 for refreshing the database in centos 7 (aka M-7)
We refresh thanks to pg_restore without any problem.
We still have DB-7.
we have a new machine in centos 8 for refresh the DB (aka M-8).
M-8 is the same than M-7 except M-8 is running on centos-8.
Now, refresh mostly failed and time to time a refresh succeed.
When it failed, we got this meesage :
Code: Select all
pg_restore: [archiver (db)] could not execute query: no connection to the server
We have done this folowing tests :
- (on M-8) with iptables disabled (14 refresh succeed without a failed)
- (on M-8) we copied sysctl conf from M-7 to appy it on M-8 -> refresh failed
- (on M-8) we set net.ipv4.tcp_limit_output_bytes = 262144 --> net.ipv4.tcp_limit_output_bytes = 1048576 -> refresh failed
- (on M-8) we upgraded kernel from 4.18 to 5.6.14 -> failed (we restored kernel 4.18)
- (on M-8) There are no output filter -> refresh failed
- (on M-8) install/remove NetworkManager-config-server package -> refresh failed
- (on M-8) install/remove et Nework Manager -> refresh failed
- (on M-8) use tcp keepalive configured on pg_restore -> refresh failed
We are convinced it is related to the iptables on M-8 but we do not know what :-/
Anybody has an idea what is going on ?
Thanks in advance