I have a new set up with the following parts:
- motherboard: asrock B560M Steel Legend
- CPU: Intel Core i5 10400
- Memory: 16GB Kingston 3200 MHz
The boot pendrive was made by rufus 3.1 with default settings. The installer appearance with black background and If I select the first possibility (Install Centos) then the monitor switched off.
Finally I succeeded start the installer with basic graphics mode and I installed the system properly.
I experienced the first strange thing after the first boot when I realized I can only use the display with 800x600 resolution (only this one possibility was available.)
I knew it is needed install the proper driver for integrated video card because I would like to use intel hardware acceleration.
I did the following steps:
- I modified the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX value in the /etc/default/grub file. I removed the nomodest word and I added the i915.alpha_support=1
- As the proper intel media driver isn't available for centos 8 I build from source the necessary dependencies so I installed from source the libva, libva-utils, gmmlib, libva-media-driver
I did the above steps via ssh. When I would have liked to use the system with GUI I realized that it haven't any signal with hdmi so I just saw black screen. I tried to reboot the system more times but the everytime the monitor switched off while the system works properly and it reachable via ssh.
On the other hand, I realized the following error message during boot:
core: [Hardware Error]: CPU 0: Machine Check: 0 Bank 6: ee0000000040110a
core: [Hardware Error]: TSC 0 ADDR fef20000 MISC 43880000086
core: [Hardware Error]: PROCESSOR 0:a0655 TIME 1617631222 SOCKET 0 APIC 0 microcode e2
I tried the system with other monitor and the behavior is the same.
As I got a "hardware error" message I figured out I install windows system and I will run diagnostics on it. I did it and haven't found any problems with CPU and memory. So I think it isn't any problem with parts.
In currently, I reinstalled the system and I haven't done any other modification so I can use the system with 800x600 resolution without Hardware accelerating. I checked the boot log with journalctl -xb command and the above error message there is in.
I know this story can be chaotic but I did these things and I considered it important write all things what I experienced to write the real circumstances.
I think can be the start point the follows:
- my configuration consists the above parts
- I could install the system only with basic graphics mode
- new installation from centos 8 stream server with GUI
- currently I can use the system only with 800x600 resolution
- I got the above error message during boot.
- use the system with modifiable resolution
- use the intel hardware acceleration
- I want to solve the boot error to disappear the above message
Thanks in advance and looking forward to your reply.