Problem with the repos

Issues related to applications and software problems and general support
Mila

Problem with the repos

Post by Mila » 2021/05/04 14:51:51

Dear Centos8 users.

I am not an expert in linux, and in most forums I have seen some recommendation to solve the problem with repositories, but I could not. I am having the problem to install mpich libraries in my centos8. In the attached picture you can see what is the error I got.
In others chats I saw they recommended to change the file sea-devel.repo, which in my case has the following structure:
[FedoraPeople-sea]
name=sea's devel packages
baseurl=http://sea.fedorapeople.org/repo
enabled=1
gpgcheck=0

But I do not what exactly I need to change?

Could you please help me?

Mila
problemwithrepos.png
problemwithrepos.png (131.47 KiB) Viewed 1032 times

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Problem with the repos

Post by TrevorH » 2021/05/04 16:28:27

That's either the wrong url or the repo is just broken.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

jlehtone

Post by jlehtone » 2021/05/04 16:33:44

mpich ...

Code: Select all

$ sudo dnf -q list \*mpich\*
Available Packages
mpich.i686                                3.2.1-9.el8                     appstream
mpich.x86_64                              3.2.1-9.el8                     appstream
mpich-devel.i686                          3.2.1-9.el8                     appstream
mpich-devel.x86_64                        3.2.1-9.el8                     appstream
mpitests-mpich.x86_64                     5.6.2-1.el8                     appstream
The mpich is in repository appstream. A core CentOS repo.

Note: browser returns with http://sea.fedorapeople.org/repo/repodata/repomd.xml :
You don't have permission to access /repo/repodata/repomd.xml on this server.
If we cannot access file, then we can't read it.

I'd say "repo recently broken": https://github.com/notepadqq/notepadqq- ... /issues/69

What is this "sea's devel packages" repository? Where did it come from? Why do you have it?

The first thing I would do is disable that repository:

$ sudo dnf config-manager --disable FedoraPeople-sea

Mila

Post by Mila » 2021/05/04 17:24:46

Dear jlehtone.

First, thank you very much for you reply.
I tried both command and nothing. Please, see attached the picture with the print when I run your both suggestions.
I do not what is "sea's devel package, in general i do not all the errors I got.

Could you continue help me, please?

Mila

error.png
error.png (66.23 KiB) Viewed 1015 times

jlehtone

Post by jlehtone » 2021/05/04 19:05:49

Mila wrote:
2021/05/04 17:24:46
I tried both command and nothing.
Not "nothing".

The "dnf list" did report the same error as earlier commands. It is possible that it prevents generating a list.

The "config-manager --disable" updates the configuration of a repository to make it disabled.
Disabled repo will not be used. Thus further command will not stop at that broken repo.
"Nothing" is perfect result for this command.

You can try the list again, but just for fun do:

sudo dnf repolist
It will list the repositories that you have configured and enabled.
To see all configured repositories, you can do:

sudo dnf repolist all

One last thing:
You most likely can select text on terminal and copy-paste it to forum posts.
That is more compact and actionable than bitmap screenshots.
You can format text in post. See button </> above? It adds code tags. I have those in my post.

Mila

Post by Mila » 2021/05/04 19:27:28

Dear jlehtone

Thank you very much for your answer. In the code I put the script to show you the printed.

Thank you.

Script started on 2021-05-04 21:14:54+02:00
[msanchez@lab-bioit5 ~]$ sudo dnf repolist
[sudo] password for msanchez: 
Updating Subscription Management repositories.
Unable to read consumer identity

This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.

repo id                         repo name
anydesk                         AnyDesk CentOS - stable
appstream                       CentOS Linux 8 - AppStream
baseos                          CentOS Linux 8 - BaseOS
epel                            Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64
epel-modular                    Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux Modular 8 - x86_64
extras                          CentOS Linux 8 - Extras
powertools                      CentOS Linux 8 - PowerTools

[msanchez@lab-bioit5 ~]$ sudo dnf repolist all

This system is not registered to Red Hat Subscription Management. You can use subscription-manager to register.

repo id                        repo name                                                         status
FedoraPeople-sea               sea's devel packages                                              disabled
anydesk                        AnyDesk CentOS - stable                                           enabled
appstream                      CentOS Linux 8 - AppStream                                        enabled
appstream-source               CentOS Linux 8 - AppStream - Source                               disabled
baseos                         CentOS Linux 8 - BaseOS                                           enabled
baseos-source                  CentOS Linux 8 - BaseOS - Source                                  disabled
cr                             CentOS Linux 8 - ContinuousRelease                                disabled
debuginfo                      CentOS Linux 8 - Debuginfo                                        disabled
devel                          CentOS Linux 8 - Devel WARNING! FOR BUILDROOT USE ONLY!           disabled
epel                           Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64                    enabled
epel-debuginfo                 Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64 - Debug            disabled
epel-modular                   Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux Modular 8 - x86_64            enabled
epel-modular-debuginfo         Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux Modular 8 - x86_64 - Debug    disabled
epel-modular-source            Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux Modular 8 - x86_64 - Source   disabled
epel-playground                Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - Playground - x86_64       disabled
epel-playground-debuginfo      Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - Playground - x86_64 - Deb disabled
epel-playground-source         Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - Playground - x86_64 - Sou disabled
epel-source                    Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - x86_64 - Source           disabled
epel-testing                   Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - Testing - x86_64          disabled
epel-testing-debuginfo         Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - Testing - x86_64 - Debug  disabled
epel-testing-modular           Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux Modular 8 - Testing - x86_64  disabled
epel-testing-modular-debuginfo Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux Modular 8 - Testing - x86_64  disabled
epel-testing-modular-source    Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux Modular 8 - Testing - x86_64  disabled
epel-testing-source            Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - Testing - x86_64 - Source disabled
extras                         CentOS Linux 8 - Extras                                           enabled
extras-source                  CentOS Linux 8 - Extras - Source                                  disabled
fasttrack                      CentOS Linux 8 - FastTrack                                        disabled
ha                             CentOS Linux 8 - HighAvailability                                 disabled
media-appstream                CentOS Linux 8 - Media - AppStream                                disabled
media-baseos                   CentOS Linux 8 - Media - BaseOS                                   disabled
plus                           CentOS Linux 8 - Plus                                             disabled
plus-source                    CentOS Linux 8 - Plus - Source                                    disabled
powertools                     CentOS Linux 8 - PowerTools                                       enabled
[msanchez@lab-bioit5 ~]$ exit
exit

Script done on 2021-05-04 21:16:04+02:00
Salida.txt
(4.61 KiB) Downloaded 24 times

jlehtone

Post by jlehtone » 2021/05/04 21:13:56

Are you still getting nothing with

sudo dnf list mpich\*

MartinR

Post by MartinR » 2021/05/04 21:25:20

I'm comming to this a bit late, but why are you getting the subscription manager messages? I seem to remeber this arose when C8 was first released. On my C8 test VM the file /etc/dnf/plugins/subscription-manager.conf has the following:

# cat subscription-manager.conf 
[main]
enabled=0

# When following option is set to 1, then all repositories defined outside redhat.repo will be disabled
# every time subscription-manager plugin is triggered by dnf or yum
disable_system_repos=0
I'd suggest you check yours. Note that if it is enabled "all repositories defined outside redhat.repo will be disabled"

Mila

Post by Mila » 2021/05/05 07:23:57

Dear jlehtone.

Sorry for answer you a little late. It was my bed time. :D
I run the command and the code is showed below.

Script started on 2021-05-05 09:16:53+02:00
[msanchez@lab-bioit5 ~]$ sudo dnf list mpich\*
[sudo] password for msanchez: 

Last metadata expiration check: 2:03:44 ago on Wed 05 May 2021 07:13:24 CEST.
Available Packages
mmpich.i686                                           3.2.1-9.el8                                    appstream
mmpich.x86_64                                         3.2.1-9.el8                                    appstream
mmpich-devel.i686                                     3.2.1-9.el8                                    appstream
mmpich-devel.x86_64                                   3.2.1-9.el8                                    appstream
[msanchez@lab-bioit5 ~]$ exit
exit

Script done on 2021-05-05 09:17:22+02:00

Mila

Post by Mila » 2021/05/05 07:27:35

Dear MartinR.

This is the print when I run your code.

Thank you.

Mila

Script started on 2021-05-05 09:24:36+02:00