Keyboard Hung after pressing sticky key

Issues related to applications and software problems and general support
jwkwan2000

Keyboard Hung after pressing sticky key

Post by jwkwan2000 » 2021/01/16 00:07:52

After I pressed shift key 5 times the sticky keys pop up displayed. I pressed Turn Off option and keyboard became non responsive. I reboot the machine few times and every time after I entered the logon password, it froze again. I can only use mouse but not keyboard. How can I reset the keybaord so I can type again?

desertcat

Re: Keyboard Hung after pressing sticky key

Post by desertcat » 2021/01/17 09:58:03

jwkwan2000 wrote:
2021/01/16 00:07:52
After I pressed shift key 5 times the sticky keys pop up displayed. I pressed Turn Off option and keyboard became non responsive. I reboot the machine few times and every time after I entered the logon password, it froze again. I can only use mouse but not keyboard. How can I reset the keybaord so I can type again?
OK Let's make sure we are talking about the say thing: When you say "Sticky Key" do you mean the key/s are physically "sticky" or are you talking about key that you have assigned a function to -- a so called "Hot Key"? I've had it both ways. If your keys are physically "sticky" -- as in "stuck" -- the only solution is to take the keyboard apart and give it a through CLEANING. If you are referring to a software problem, if you have a "buckling spring" Keyboard. such as an Original IBM Model M 101 Key Keyboard, or any of the keyboards that are an outgrowth of the IBM Model M, depending on how long you have had it one or more of the springs may have worn out and need of replacing.

One test you can try is to simply swap out the keyboard and plug in a spare, and see if you still have the problem. If the problem goes away chances are the problem is in the keyboard; if the problem still persists you have a software problem.

sml

Re: Keyboard Hung after pressing sticky key

Post by sml » 2021/01/17 10:17:33

@desertcat. Neither. The OP is talking about an accessibility feature.

Return to “CentOS 8 - General Support”