CENTOS8 nfs server and xtreamer sidewinder3 mediaplayer

Issues related to applications and software problems and general support
leeuw

CENTOS8 nfs server and xtreamer sidewinder3 mediaplayer

Post by leeuw » 2020/10/18 13:31:04

Hi Guys,

If anybody can help, I would be grateful.
I know this one is not a centos issue, but I have no other forum as an alternative.
I have setup a nfs server on my centos8 system.
Very complex, with all those SElinux allowance stuff need to get it run, but all-right.
It runs, and I tested it on a ubuntu laptop client on the LAN here.
The laptop mounts fine on the server link, and also i can see the server accepts all that is needed to mount a remote share.

My question; The reason I setup that nfs server was to have my xtreamer sidewinder3 player to mount to the nfs on the server.
It doens't. the biggest problem is that the documentation is very limited for the device. all that I kind find is a user manual
but the explanation is very poor. All I have is a web gui of the player where i am supposed to give the nfs mount links and options,
but neither of the syntaxes I've tried work. I am not sure if it is a syntax problem, or something else.
All I do know is that another client can mount without problems....

I hate this stuff, it is very frustrating.....
Any xtreamer users out there?

TrevorH
Forum Moderator

Re: CENTOS8 nfs server and xtreamer sidewinder3 mediaplayer

Post by TrevorH » 2020/10/18 13:45:08

Have you managed to mount your nfs filesystems on another system to make sure they are accessible at all?

And what selinux changes did you have to make to get it to work? There shouldn't be any required other than a boolean and perhaps a definition for the filesystem location added using semanage.

NFS uses lots of random ports that will need to be opened in the firewall and since they are random by default, that makes it difficult or impossible to do unless you edit /etc/nfs.conf and set the relevant ports to fixed values so that you can add firewall rules for those ports.
CentOS 6 died in November 2020 - migrate to a new version!
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 is dead, do not use it.
Full time Geek, part time moderator. Use the FAQ Luke

leeuw

Post by leeuw » 2020/10/18 14:14:01

Thank you TrevorH,

yes, I took a linux laptop and could mount to the NFS server mount, and open the NFS folder.
I could see files on the nfs share on the server.
For firewall ports, I used just used a firwalld service in combination with a rich rule:

sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-rich-rule='rule family="ipv4" source address="192.168.xxx.x/24" service name="nfs" accept'

Is that not enough? Anyways , since the laptop could mount the share, it works I assumed.

leeuw

Post by leeuw » 2020/10/18 14:15:54

I forgot to mention the one for SElinux:

setsebool -P nfs_export_all_rw 1

Return to “CentOS 8 - General Support”