NUT Network UPS Tools how to

Issues related to applications and software problems and general support
aaron9375

NUT Network UPS Tools how to

Post by aaron9375 » 2020/09/15 20:31:30

Looking for some support and guidance as to how to implement and use NUT Network UPSTools https://networkupstools.org/.
Anything is appreciated. I really need help setting up a dummy UPS to run tests on. Thank you in advance.

penguinpages

Re: NUT Network UPS Tools how to

Post by penguinpages » 2020/09/16 02:35:03

I will join you in a few weeks once I get my new UPS racked and setup. Serial only .. no SNMP card.

Do you have model / connector for signaling that you can share.

I set this up years ago for a small church and it was APC, USB cable, plug in.. and I had them setup with "Webmin" so they had a GUI to admin..

https://www.webmin.com/cgi-bin/search_t ... search=nut

Seems they still have the UPS mgmt plugin.

I will post my experience and watch thread if I can help as I get to that step.

Good luck.

penguinpages

Re: NUT Network UPS Tools how to

Post by penguinpages » 2020/09/17 13:51:18

Can you provide diagram. Just chuck something in paint or some quick ... host .. ip OS Cable

That way we can see how all your devices you expect to be under the control plan of the UPS are connected.

Just to state obvious, only one Linux (assumption here) system will be in direct communication with the UPS. It will work with the ups signal on things like power health , battery state, power up / down cycles. All other devices hanging off the UPS would be controlled via scripts to shut down / power back up based on the master node's handling.

(above is based on a more simple UPS for small environment... yes.. I know larger BMS systems can do other means.. but if your asking here in this forum... then your at wrong place anyways for that size environment).

Return to “CentOS 8 - General Support”