Is there any way to install development tools offline/manually?

Issues related to applications and software problems and general support
hyuan

Is there any way to install development tools offline/manually?

Post by hyuan » 2020/07/13 09:40:13

I had reported the gcc compiler asm-goto support issue(viewtopic.php?f=54&t=75032), after debugging it seems my current installation of gcc/make/cmake is not complete, some of independents missed obviously( I installed them by command of "rpm --nodeps --force" options). - The reason of doing like this is because I am installing CentOS 8 minimal for a PC which does not have Internet connection.

Only way to make it connected to Internet(then can connected to repo servers) is to install full gcc/make/cmake rpms then can compile a TP-LINK Wifi USB dongle drivers( with source code) and build/install it. - So needs essential rpm packages to compile/linux kernel/module drivers.

If the PC is connected to Internet, we can install development tools using below command:
#yum update
#yum groupinstall "Development Tools"

yum will automatically looking up packages by dependence description and install them one by one.

However, my PC does not have Internet connection before I can compile/build/install Wifi USB dongle driver. So I need guidance how can I install "Development Tools" under CentOS8 Minimal offline. Is there any website I can download total package RPMs of "Development Tools"?

Thanks

jlehtone

Re: Is there any way to install development tools offline/manually?

Post by jlehtone » 2020/07/14 07:55:20

You must have done the initial install offline, i.e. form local media (DVD, USB, copy on hard drive).
That media has a repository, the packages.

You should have file /etc/yum.repos.d/CentOS-Media.repo that defines two local repositories.
You can either mount your media to location that that config seeks,
or redefine to match where you have your media mounted.

hyuan

Re: Is there any way to install development tools offline/manually?

Post by hyuan » 2020/07/14 15:26:35

Thank you, I forget to select "development tool" at installing minimal ISO by USB. after re-install centos minimal 8 , it can compile code now. - Seems manually install rpms one by one for "development tool" is a mission not easy since so many deps....