[SOLVED] - python3-libxml2 does not provide lxml?

Issues related to applications and software problems and general support
warron.french

[SOLVED] - python3-libxml2 does not provide lxml?

Post by warron.french » 2020/07/08 15:09:52

I have to admit I am speaking from no sense of origin here. I don't really know python of any version at all so I need a little help.

I know that on my CentOS-8 system I have python3 installed by way of the packages that were installed during build of my VM. My VM is in a proxy-isolated environment and I cannot get around it.

I am working with a vendor's tool and it imports python libraries I think they are called and one of them is not working for me. Specifically it has the syntax at the top for:

Code: Select all

__version__ = 1.10

import argparse
import binascii
import hashlib
import os
import sys
import lxml.etree as ET
I do have the package python3-libxml2 installed on my system, so I would hope that what I need is covered/provided; albeit the vendor indicated I should execute the following commands as well:

pip3 install pyopenssl
pip3 install lxml
The execution of pip3 install pyopenssl provides output to the effect of "Requirement already satisfied: ...." for several lines, 7 specifically.

The execution, however, of pip3 install lxml was very busy and looked like it had tons of errors that I cannot copy/paste here because it was tons of lines and the screens are not connected in a manner that enables me to do so. :-/

The little bit of output I can retype here, in fear of too many typos if I did all of the output by hand looks like this at the top:

Collecting lxml
Retrying (Retry(total=4, connect=None, read=None, redirect=None, status=None)) after connection broken by 'SSLError(SSLError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed (_ssl.c:897)'),)': /packages/55/c87dff...snipped...84c88/lxml/4.5.1-cp36-cp36m-manylinux1_x86_64.whl
Can someone explain what might be wrong? Is it the proxy in my environment perhaps? I am configured to use the proxy; albeit it is broken, but the pip3 install pyopenssl didn't have this problem!

I don't know where to go for my next steps.

Thank you in advance,
Last edited by warron.french on 2020/07/08 19:14:44, edited 1 time in total.
Thanks,
War

TrevorH
Forum Moderator

Re: python3-libxml2 does not provide lxml?

Post by TrevorH » 2020/07/08 17:33:43

python3-lxml.x86_64                                          4.2.3-1.el8                                                    AppStream
CentOS 6 will die in November 2020 - migrate sooner rather than later!
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 is dead, do not use it.
Full time Geek, part time moderator. Use the FAQ Luke

warron.french

Post by warron.french » 2020/07/08 18:32:16

@TrevorH thanks, that got me to the next error.

I need to find python module boto3.

Sorry to ask, considering the title of my post but since I require that module how do I determine what python3 RPM is associated with the provision of boto3, that way I can figure out what I need for the next thing that pops up?

yum provides */boto3
does not provide the newest dependency.

Thanks
Thanks,
War

TrevorH
Forum Moderator

Post by TrevorH » 2020/07/08 18:44:20

python3-boto3.noarch 1.10.21-1.epel8.playground epel-playground
CentOS 6 will die in November 2020 - migrate sooner rather than later!
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 is dead, do not use it.
Full time Geek, part time moderator. Use the FAQ Luke

warron.french

Post by warron.french » 2020/07/08 19:14:26

Thanks TrevorH.

I learned that the scripts I was working with were written and updated by two different authors, from my coworker. Once I got that feedback it took me to newer dependencies that I cannot even find a hint of currently.

Your inputs did help me though. Thank you.
Thanks,
War

warron.french

Re: [SOLVED] - python3-libxml2 does not provide lxml?

Post by warron.french » 2020/07/14 19:01:45

What do I need to do in order to fix this problem?

[root@wsf-owt-dev001:yum.repos.d]# yum update
Extra Packages for Enterprise Linux 8 - Playground - x86_64                                                                                                          0.0  B/s |   0  B     00:01
Errors during downloading metadata for repository 'epel-playground':
  - Curl error (60): Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates for https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=playground-epel8&arch=x86_64&infra=stock&content=centos [SSL certificate problem: EE certificate key too weak]
Error: Failed to download metadata for repo 'epel-playground': Cannot prepare internal mirrorlist: Curl error (60): Peer certificate cannot be authenticated with given CA certificates for https://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/metalink?repo=playground-epel8&arch=x86_64&infra=stock&content=centos [SSL certificate problem: EE certificate key too weak]
Thanks,
War

Return to “CentOS 8 - General Support”