FreeIPA server cross-forest AD trust installation errors

Issues related to applications and software problems and general support
klipspringer112

FreeIPA server cross-forest AD trust installation errors

Post by klipspringer112 » 2020/04/21 11:29:23

Hi all,

I am facing an issue with a CentOS 8 installation while trying to configure AD trust. My lab environment is -

Virtualbox 1 - CentOS 8 - subdomain of Windows Server
Virtualbox 2 - Windows Server 2016 - primary forest

Both are showing the ipa server and windows server can do nslookup and dig against each other properly, I am noticing an issue however where the # systemctl command prompts that winbind, smb, and ipa service failed. Whenever I reboot I am locked out of the server and need to perform ipactl start command (I am not sure if it is supposed to auto-start on reboot, that was my impression, sorry newbie on this :) ) with the option --ignore-service-failure. After starting the server again I run the ipa-adtrust-install command once again to clean the smb.conf (in case there is a configuration issue causing smb service to not start), while running the command ipa-adtrust command it completes successfully with a warning Critical CIFS service failed to start.

For the ipa-trust-add option it requires the CIFS service to work otherwise I get the result "CIFS server communications error "3221225495", ...not enough virtual memory or paging file quota is available to complete the specified operation."

How to resolve the winbind, smb, and ipa services not starting properly?
Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

seocam

Re: FreeIPA server cross-forest AD trust installation errors

Post by seocam » 2020/04/22 23:05:01

You might have hit a bug.
I think you should take a look in https://bugs.centos.org/view.php?id=16929

aabdelazim

Re: FreeIPA server cross-forest AD trust installation errors

Post by aabdelazim » 2020/05/03 09:56:02

any luck about the solution for this issue I am facing the same issue