GPG Key failures, cannot install gparted

Issues related to applications and software problems and general support
K7AAY

GPG Key failures, cannot install gparted

Post by K7AAY » 2019/12/27 19:46:15

Immediately after an install from a verified ISO of CentOS 8.0.1905, I logged on as root, enabled the network, logged off; logged in as the user created in installation, and and ran sudo yum update. No plugins are loaded.

Many many errors followed regarding the GPG key, so I ran
sudo yum clean all && sudo yum clean metadata && dnf clean all
then ran sudo yum update again with the same failure

Have not created local copies of packages or used a local repo, and /etc/yum/pluginconf.d/fastestmirror.conf was empty, FYI.

Since the error discussed a GPG key, renamed the two GPG keys in /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/ to add .bad at the end, hoping to get a new GPG key.

Repeated
sudo yum clean all && sudo yum clean metadata && dnf clean all
then ran sudo yum update again and it tells me it can't open /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-centosofficial

Renamed the keys by removing the .bad suffix. Reran sudo yum update and was prompted to accept the keys. I did, and the update succeeded

However, now I tried to add `sudo yum install epel-release && sudo yum install gparted`. The gparted install failed with

Error: Problem: conflicting requests
- nothing provides PolicyKit-authentication-agent needed by gparted-1.0.0.4.el8.x86_64
(try to add '--skip-broken' to skip uninstallables packages)

--skip-broken was not useful

Tried adding what was suggested as items missing from the repo with
sudo dnf install https://extras.getpagespeed.com/release-el8-latest.rpm && sudo dnf install polkit-gnome && sudo dnf install gparted

That fails with warning:
/var/cache/dnf/commandline-a76fe31ae310b0c7/packages/release-el8-latest.rpm Header V4 RSA/SHA1 signature, key ID 222b083: NOKEY || Public key for release-el8-latest.rpm is not installed || Error: GPG check FAILED

How do I install gparted here?

toorista

Re: GPG Key failures, cannot install gparted

Post by toorista » 2019/12/29 13:39:35

I had the same problem with there being no public key. Resolved by:
1. #rpm -qa gpg-pubkey\*
if empty (as was)
2. #rpm --import /etc/pki/rpm-gpg/RPM-GPG-KEY-centosofficial
repeat 1. an output should yield: gpg-pub-key-8483......

Return to “CentOS 8 - General Support”