NFS RDMA Centos 7.9

Issues related to configuring your network
ron7000

NFS RDMA Centos 7.9

Post by ron7000 » 2021/12/28 21:19:05

Would it be possible to get a sanity check, if not out of line asking here, does/should RDMA work in Centos/RHEL 7.9, on NFSv4?

Any Mellanox documentation on the topic seems to be outdated and doesn't correspond with any files that are there now in RHEL/CentOS 7.9 using MLNX 5.4. And the redhat documentation seems like it doesn't encompass the entire subject, like all they say that's needed is mount -o proto=rdma along with editting /etc/sysconfig/nfs and adding an rdma flag within.

But is /etc/sysconfig/nfs deprecated and should I only be editing /etc/nfs.conf?

And with having mellanox infiniband hardware should I be doing the mlnxofedinstall from the MLNX_OFED_LINUX-5.4-3.1.0.0-rhel7.9-x86_64.iso downloaded from Mellanox? Or should be using all the ofed stuff provided by RHEL/CentOS and EPEL?

I have gotten a typical tcp network going over infiniband with transport mode = DATAGRAM.
But I am at a loss how to get transport mode = CONNECTED (supposed to be better) working as well as getting NFS and mount to show proto=rdma.

here is a full detail for reference of where i am at: https://unix.stackexchange.com/question ... setup-help

thanks.