creating new CentOS 7 VM using customized kickstart file

Issues related to configuring your network
nitinkumar

creating new CentOS 7 VM using customized kickstart file

Post by nitinkumar » 2020/05/22 17:46:10

Hello I am trying to create customized CentOS 7 VM using modified kickstart file anaconda-ks.cfg

I proceed as follows----

1) Boot CentOS 7 using virtual DVD based CentOS 7 iso file.
2) Copy the anaconda-ks.cfg file to xyz-ks.cfg file and modify it using vi editor.
3) Now I need to put the modified kickstart file ( which is in xfs file format) to google One Drive for downloading later since I do not have access to any web server.

Here the questions are 1) how to put xyz-ks.cfg file which is in xfs file format on ONE Drive for downloading later?
2) How to break the booting sequence of CentOS 7 iso file and down load new modified kickstart file from One Drive?
3) How to reboot again the CentOS 7 iso file which has a modified kickstart file?

Pl. assist.

aks

Re: creating new CentOS 7 VM using customized kickstart file

Post by aks » 2020/05/24 05:02:14

1) how to put xyz-ks.cfg file which is in xfs file format on ONE Drive for downloading later?

Use rclone or something silimar. BTW, xfs is not a file format, but a disk format.

2) How to break the booting sequence of CentOS 7 iso file and down load new modified kickstart file from One Drive?

Kickstart knows NFS, local file system and HTTP protocols (and possibly others), One Drive is not a protocol.

3) How to reboot again the CentOS 7 iso file which has a modified kickstart file?

What?