Samba AD Admin rights on win7pro workstation

Issues related to configuring your network
northpoint

Samba AD Admin rights on win7pro workstation

Post by northpoint » 2016/05/23 12:17:25

Hello,

I am learning Active Directory use with SAMBA. I have done pretty well by following a blog page example on how to setup AD with Centos7 located here for reference:

http://www.unixmen.com/setting-samba-pr ... -centos-7/

Everything is running good except after joining the domain on the centos7 server for some reason when I need to install programs or whatever on the windows 7 workstation I get the "Provide admin rights" box in windows. Ive tried all my accounts on the server and none of them are accepted. So, I have some misconfiguration or something. Below is my smb.conf file for reference:

---------------------------------------
[Global]
workgroup = ATHOME
security = user
domain master = yes
domain logons = yes
local master = yes
preferred master = yes
passdb backend = tdbsam
logon path = \\%L\Profiles\%U
logon script = logon.bat
add machine script = /usr/sbin/useradd -d /dev/null -g 200 -s /sbin/nologin -M %u
[homes]
comment = Home Directories
browseable = yes
writable = yes
[printers]
comment = All Printers
path = /var/spool/samba
printable = Yes
print ok = Yes
browseable = No
[netlogon]
comment = Network Logon Service
path = /var/lib/samba/netlogon
browseable = No
writable = No
[Profiles]
path = /var/lib/samba/profiles
create mask = 0755
directory mask = 0755
writable = Yes
-----------------------------------------------

I did setup root and user accounts via smbpasswd.

I have tried changing permissions on the user accounts on the centos server and logging out and back in but I still cannot provide a correct login/password combo to windows in order to perform admin duties like installing software or changing user account privledges ect..

I am sure nothing is broken, Just have to setup admin access or similar in samba is my guess.

Thank you,
Ryzen x1800 * Asus x370 Pro * CentOS 7.4 64bit / Icewarp /

northpoint

Re: Samba AD Admin rights on win7pro workstation

Post by northpoint » 2016/05/23 15:08:04

Ok, Not really a complete answer but booted into local mode instead of into the domain and changed my account to admin and then logged back into domain and now it doesnt ask the user/password challenge to get things done. Obviously something I have to check into as I would like the abiltiy to have regular users on the workstation and supply user/password for admin jobs.
Ryzen x1800 * Asus x370 Pro * CentOS 7.4 64bit / Icewarp /

Return to “CentOS 7 - Networking Support”