Help installing HP LaserJet Pro M127FN

Issues related to hardware problems
tcampion

Help installing HP LaserJet Pro M127FN

Post by tcampion » 2015/01/21 18:08:21

Need some assistance getting multi function printer installed in CentOS 7

Tried installing using "hp-setup" but I see on the this model printer gui install is not supported, but the printer is supported. I'm just not sure what directions to follow to get installed. Printer is connected to CentOS machine via usb. I would like to be able to print and scan(using ADF) with this printer on this machine. Printer is also on local network but cant seem to get printing to work there either. I tried using CUPS but specific driver is not listed for this model printer. If one in the list is compatible I'm not sure which one to pick as there are several hundred to choose from.

From what I'm reading seems I need to install either a plugin or module for this printer but not finding detailed instructions for doing that, or link to the needed plugin/module.

If anyone is familiar with this model please point me in the right direction. I just got this printer new in box for $100 which seemed insanely cheap for a multifunction laser printer and am hoping someone with more experience got in on the same deal, and has it working on CentOS.

tcampion

Re: Help installing HP LaserJet Pro M127FN

Post by tcampion » 2015/01/22 04:13:11

User issue. Found out problem was had wrong version of HPLIP installed. Updating to the version 3.14.10, and running hp-setup as root allowed me to install this printer successfully.