[SOLVED] Trouble with Duplicity and Backblaze B2

Issues related to applications and software problems
albegadeep

[SOLVED] Trouble with Duplicity and Backblaze B2

Post by albegadeep » 2021/06/25 15:34:23

I have a system running Centos 7.9.2009, and have both python 2.7.5 and 3.6.8 installed. I've been running Duplicity backing up to a Backblaze B2 account for several years. I'm pretty sure I had installed it through pip rather than yum. I was trying to find a way of throttling the speeds, since having run full-out was swamping my net connection, so figured I'd start by updating it. So, I updated pip (through pip, not python -m pip, now I know better) and updated both duplicity and b2sdk, all as root (again, I know better now!). Now when I try to run my backup, I get:

Code: Select all

BackendException: Could not initialize backend: No module named 'b2sdk.download_dest'
I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling duplicity and b2sdk through pip, first as root, then uninstalling them and reinstalling via "python -m pip install" as my new backup user, along with the b2 pip package, but without success - same issue. I also tried downgrading each package (one at a time, keeping the other one current), but either had the same issue or something else.

Any idea how I can get duplicity with B2 back into a usable state?
Last edited by albegadeep on 2021/06/26 01:27:23, edited 1 time in total.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Trouble with Duplicity and Backblaze B2

Post by TrevorH » 2021/06/25 17:02:24

The current version of the stable duplicity tree is in the EPEL repo, just a yum install away.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

albegadeep

Re: Trouble with Duplicity and Backblaze B2

Post by albegadeep » 2021/06/25 18:22:33

*smacks forehead* Of course. I think it had too old a version when I first installed it, hence I used pip at the time. Looks like it's been updated since then. (It HAS been a while.) Uninstalled the pip version and did "yum install duplicity". Ran a successful "remove-older-than" command, so definitely cleared up the error I've been having. Thank you very much.