gvfsd-fuse not mounting two USB HDDs

Issues related to applications and software problems
zielo

gvfsd-fuse not mounting two USB HDDs

Post by zielo » 2020/10/15 13:40:34

Hello,

I've recently started working with a user who has a CentOS 7 server. Originally, they stated that they were able to mount two larger HDDs via USB using the remote desktop virtual consul GUI (this user is not the most comfortable with the command line). The user then complained that they were unable to connect two 10TB HDDs at the same time. And could only mount one drive at a time. Now, no matter the size, the user can only mount one drive at a time.

Checking 'lsusb' I can see the external drive ports connected:
Bus 003 Device 005: ID 174c:55aa ASMedia Technology Inc. Name: ASM1051E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1053E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1153 SATA 3Gb/s bridge, ASM1153E SATA 6Gb/s bridge
Bus 003 Device 003: ID 174c:55aa ASMedia Technology Inc. Name: ASM1051E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1053E SATA 6Gb/s bridge, ASM1153 SATA 3Gb/s bridge, ASM1153E SATA 6Gb/s bridge

and checking mount, I can see where he mounted the first drive:
/dev/mapper/mpatha1 on /run/media/USER/WD-DRIVE type fuseblk (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=0,group_id=0,default_permissions,allow_other,blksize=4096)

and I can also see gvfs taking up some spots as well:
gvfsd-fuse on /run/user/1001/gvfs type fuse.gvfsd-fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1001,group_id=1003)
gvfsd-fuse on /run/user/1010/gvfs type fuse.gvfsd-fuse (rw,nosuid,nodev,relatime,user_id=1010,group_id=1011)

Since gvfsd-fuse is mounting only to this user, I cannot see the drives (not the issue), and when I do try to mount via the command line it gives issues (last time I tried doing it, he was unable to mount either drive at all, and we had to restart the deamon and machine).

I've tried mounting the other drive via command line, but will get that its busy due to being tied up with the gvfsd-fuse file system.

(For him using the GUI, he'll note that he'll see both drives, but when he mounts one using the GUI the other hides from the prompt altogether).

For what its worth, this is a HPE iLO 5 machine as well.

I recognize that y'all might need more information. So I'll keep watching this. I recently took over monitoring this machine from another who did not know what was going on with this either.