CentOS7 virtual machines disable qemu-guest-agent package

Issues related to applications and software problems
psuresh

CentOS7 virtual machines disable qemu-guest-agent package

Post by psuresh » 2020/07/30 12:10:39

Hi,

In my CentOS7 virtual machines i used to install "base" and "core" group package only. But "qemu-guest-agent-2.12.0-2.el7.x86_64" pacakge installing automatically and qemu-guest-agent service is enabled and running. I don't want to access guest vm from host machines.

How to disable this package installation ?

~>rpm -qa |grep qemu
qemu-guest-agent-2.12.0-2.el7.x86_64

Thanks in advance.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: CentOS7 virtual machines disable qemu-guest-agent package

Post by TrevorH » 2020/07/30 12:25:03

Perhaps read https://access.redhat.com/documentation ... uest_agent first. Otherwise just exclude the package from your install.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

psuresh

Re: CentOS7 virtual machines disable qemu-guest-agent package

Post by psuresh » 2020/07/30 14:36:34

Hi RrevorH,

Thanks for sharing the details. I have already go through link shared by you. I could understand that "qemu-guest-agent" package installed by default in CentOS and it is a necessary one.

When i install CentOS on Physical host then "qemu-guest-agent" package not installing, how does centos installer decide and install this package.

I don't understand how this package installed without our knowledge i.e my intention is to install Core and Base group of the package,

what are all the other package installed automatically in vm by default in CentOS ? i.e where we can find this kind of reference in source code or any other reference, please !!

Thanks in advance.