Can't get ekiga video calling to work

Issues related to applications and software problems
bonedome

Can't get ekiga video calling to work

Post by bonedome » 2020/03/28 12:37:45

Hello
like most of the world I'm not able to visit anyone at the moment so thought I'd set up ekiga for some video chat.
I have set up a sip account with linphone.org, entered the details into ekiga and it just says "processing" for ever.
Hang on just tried again now saying "could not register (forbidden, please check username and password are correct)"
Do I need to open a port in the firewall, I've ticked sip and sips in firewalld.
Anyone got this working ?
I'd like to use something open source and linphone are saying there's a problem with the flatpak version, any foss alternatives that work with CentOS ?

TrevorH
Forum Moderator

Re: Can't get ekiga video calling to work

Post by TrevorH » 2020/03/28 13:13:27

Ekiga is in the CentOS base/updates repo for 7 and it works - at least for plain voice calls as I use it for testing sip trunks at work. We don't do video calling so I do not know if it works for that. Since I don't see any option in the Ekiga settings to choose UDP/TCP/TLS I think it will be using UDP. Did you allow UDP 5060 in firewalld? If you set it to use TLS then that will need TCP 5061.
CentOS 6 will die in November 2020 - migrate sooner rather than later!
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 is dead, do not use it.
Full time Geek, part time moderator. Use the FAQ Luke

bonedome

Re: Can't get ekiga video calling to work

Post by bonedome » 2020/03/28 15:27:18

Thanks for your reply Trevor, still no joy though.
I'm wondering if there's a delay on linphone's side, I can log into their website, I just changed the password.
I'll give it a try tomorrow, good old phone for today.

Return to “CentOS 7 - Software Support”