Centos 7 Maya Nvidia Optimus Crashes on Startup

Issues related to applications and software problems
sakryd

Centos 7 Maya Nvidia Optimus Crashes on Startup

Post by sakryd » 2014/10/27 23:04:40

Hello,

I tried searching everywhere, but I cannot find the solution to my problem. I have a laptop with optimus technology (with a Nvidia GTX 880m). I have followed the guide on elrepo for installing bumblebee ( http://elrepo.org/tiki/bumblebee) , and after it installs, I was able to run glxgears and glxspheres64 , without optirun and then with optirun to see a big fps increase. However the issue I am having is when I try to run autodesk Maya, without optirun, it starts the program but then it complains about no graphic card, I have also posted this on the Maya forums but got not a single response. If I use optirun, it would give a fatal error during splash screen, but the error output log gives not anything useful. Also I tried starting the nvidia x server settings, but it would complain that the nvidia x driver is not being used, and run nvidia-xconfig as root then restart x server. If I start the nvidia x server settings with "optirun nvidia-settings -c :8" it would open up fine, and if I try doing the nvidia-xconfig it would get stuck loading the login screen, and I would have to solve it by re-installing bumblebee.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.