How update phpmyadmin with epel repository?

Issues related to applications and software problems
sigolo

How update phpmyadmin with epel repository?

Post by sigolo » 2014/10/27 11:18:27

Hi, phpmyadmin tells me that there is a new version but when I go to install it with:

Code: Select all

yum update
appears to download and install the new package phpmyadmin but then I always say that there is a new version.
The first time I installed it with the EPEL repository.

By this command:

Code: Select all

rpm -qa | grep php
I see that the package installed is the "phpMyAdmin-4.2.10-1.el7.noarch"
but phpmyadmin says that I'm using ver. 4.2.10.0.
Any suggestions?
Thanks so much.

TrevorH
Forum Moderator

Re: How update phpmyadmin with epel repository?

Post by TrevorH » 2014/10/27 11:48:27

Don't mix and match update mechanisms. If you install from rpm then use an rpm to update, don't use the built-in update mechanisms within a product to download updates that are not part of an RPM package afterwards.

You are right that the phpMyAdmin package in EPEL7 currently is 4.2.10-1.el7 but if you --enablerepe=epel-testing then you can update to 4.2.10.1-1.el7. EPEL packages have to go through a period of user acceptance and testing before they are promoted to the main repo. If you temporarily enable the -testing repo, update phpMyAdmin then test it, you can provide feedback via the normal EPEL channels to enable the newer testing package to be promoted to the main repo.
CentOS 6 will die in November 2020 - migrate sooner rather than later!
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 is dead, do not use it.
Full time Geek, part time moderator. Use the FAQ Luke

sigolo

Re: How update phpmyadmin with epel repository?

Post by sigolo » 2014/10/27 12:17:59

Thank you TrevorH,
If I have understood you tell me the version which is now available on the main EPEL repo (phpMyAdmin-4.2.10-1) is not the latest version which can be found instead in EPEL-testing (phpMyAdmin-4.2.10.1- 1) and the phpmyadmin program say. It will arrive in the main repo in a bit of time. That's right?
If so, I did not realize the importance of that dot ..10.1 / 10-1 :-)).
I understand the importance of temporarily install EPEL-testing for feedback. I will do it.
Thank you again.

Return to “CentOS 7 - Software Support”