App on CentOS 7 using workaround

General support questions
LuisGF13

App on CentOS 7 using workaround

Post by LuisGF13 » 2023/05/01 07:52:02

Hi All,

Hope you are well? :D

I am trying to install an app on CentOS 7, but seems to be failing:

The expected SO folder was not created, and the application failed to run in the Activity Monitor.

Redirecting to /bin/systemctl reload cron.service
Failed to reload cron.service: Unit not found.
/opt/sfproc/updateschecker2: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /opt/sfproc/updateschecker2) /opt/sfproc/updateschecker2: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /opt/sfproc/updateschecker2)
/opt/sfproc/updateschecker2: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by /opt/sfproc/updateschecker2) /opt/sfproc/updateschecker2: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by /opt/sfproc/lib/liblog4qt.so.1)
/opt/sfproc/updateschecker2: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by /opt/sfproc/lib/libQt5Solutions_SingleCoreApplication-head.so.1) /opt/sfproc/updateschecker2: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by /opt/sfproc/lib/libQt5Network.so.5)
/opt/sfproc/updateschecker2: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version GLIBCXX_3.4.21' not found (required by /opt/sfproc/lib/libQt5Core.so.5) /opt/sfproc/updateschecker2: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version CXXABI_1.3.8' not found (required by /opt/sfproc/lib/libQt5Core.so.5)
/opt/sfproc/updateschecker2: /lib64/libstdc++.so.6: version `CXXABI_1.3.9' not found (required by /opt/sfproc/lib/libQt5Core.s

Don\t know if i am missing a library to be installed or something?

I am new to the platform and would appreciate any assistance or guidance.

Thank you :)

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: App on CentOS 7 using workaround

Post by TrevorH » 2023/05/01 11:20:14

You're trying to deploy an app on CentOS 7 that requires a newer operating system than CentOS 7. The only thing you can do is either change the app (for an older copy) or the operating system and since CentOS 7 goes EOL in about 1 year, the best thing would be to install some sort of RHEL 8 or 9 or one of the clones thereof. CentOS 8 and 9 do not exist, only beta versions known as "Stream" so you probably want to look at one of Rocky/Alma/OEL or RHEL itself.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke