Image For Linux (IFL) Installed Virtual Drive on Desktop

General support questions
ITPhoenix

Image For Linux (IFL) Installed Virtual Drive on Desktop

Post by ITPhoenix » 2022/05/17 02:02:17

7.9.2009 Core

The machine boots with this "drive" mounted. It is also causing problems according to SEL--troubleshoot screen attached. I would like to get rid of it but don't know how. It appeared after the first backup. IFL only works with unmounted drives, so the backup was performed in the recovery environment that IFL provides.

I am a beginner in the process of stabilizing a server w/gui installation (which turned out to be Gnome). There is a less important problem that I will mention here rather than posting several times, unless I am directed otherwise:

Unable to switch left/right mouse buttons. I wish the primary button to be on the right. I tried changing "Super", but nothing happened even after restart.

To give an idea of where I am with Linux, I tried a sample beginner CompTIA exam and only got 24% correct.

Thanks in advance for any comments or pointers.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Image For Linux (IFL) Installed Virtual Drive on Desktop

Post by TrevorH » 2022/05/17 09:21:22

Is this a VM?
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

ITPhoenix

Post by ITPhoenix » 2022/05/17 14:51:17

TrevorH wrote:
2022/05/17 09:21:22
Is this a VM?
No, and in the interim since my orig. post, it was found the IFL boot USB drive used to run backup and restore was left in one of the ports. It has been removed and the issue is resolved--no more popups. It appears SEL reacted to the boot USB as a possible security risk. Also found by running getinfo.sh, the transient hostname is currently ifl, which is interesting.

I do not know how to print the SEL troubleshoot output results, other than a screenshot. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2022/05/17 15:35:03

There are command line utilities that produce the same or better info. There is aureport -a and ausearch -a nnn (where nnnn is the number from the r/h end of the aureport output line that you are interested in knowing more about).
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke