(1st time Linuxer) I have it on OVH Vps, VBox installed (5.2) But I get OOBEregion error, any advice?

General support questions
newredhatter

(1st time Linuxer) I have it on OVH Vps, VBox installed (5.2) But I get OOBEregion error, any advice?

Post by newredhatter » 2021/10/17 19:28:19

First off, Hello, I"m Tony.

I grabbed 4core 8Gb of ram and 160 GB of SSD on VPS via OVH couple with Centos 7 Cpanel package to try out Linux. If I was familiar with it more It would be installed on a spare PC and I'd run websites I want to put back up (Interserver purposely injecting Malware into my Wordpress Hosting). So I switched to OVH.

First off, I'm a kinesthetic learner.

My question:
I'm using a Centos 7 cpanel OVH VPS with dedicated IP, as you know with the name "VPS" means its virtual. I said to myself if I can get VirtualBox running an instance of windows 10 that all of my goals will be met for automation. So Installed VirtualBox 5.2 grabbed ISO of windows 10 and installed. Every part of the installation went great with the exception of OOBERegion error. It will not install Windows 10. So with Goo and other Search engines being my friend, I started to search how I could mitigate this hurdle. Ran into some supposive solutions, but am still clueless. First off OVH servers VPS is KVM. So not in essence, but literally I'm installing a VM on a VM. One website suggested I check if Virtualization is enabled through Yum Command, it is. Another website suggested download ISO directly from Windows and see if it makes a difference, Havn't done that yet. But I'm connecting through OVH portal to Centos 7 and to make things easier for me installed X Windows for concept of working on a desktop and not just in a command line.
This seems to fall under a Keyboard issue. Does anyone have a suggestion of what can be done to setup Windows 10 VM on Centos 7? As I'm typing I'm installing Windows Provided ISO, and will see if that helps. But if any of you have experienced this and know a way around this I would super appreciate it if you shared. Before Joining forum tried more than a couple Troubleshooting pointers, and nada.

jlehtone

Re: (1st time Linuxer) I have it on OVH Vps, VBox installed (5.2) But I get OOBEregion error, any advice?

Post by jlehtone » 2021/10/18 07:29:53

newredhatter wrote:
2021/10/17 19:28:19
I'm installing a VM on a VM.
That requires that the hypervisor on the bare metal host is explicitly able and set to support nested virtualization. Has OVH done so?
KVM nested on KVM should be technically possible. VBox nested on KVM ... no idea.