General support questions
MoreBloodWine

Re: So I got a weird disk size thing...

Post by MoreBloodWine » 2021/03/24 19:08:08

jlehtone wrote:
2021/03/24 19:00:28
MoreBloodWine wrote:
2021/03/24 17:44:47
Well, the panel requires itself to be in root apparently because of how it's ran.
It is more likely that pigs fly than that a program requires to be in specific filesystem.
MoreBloodWine wrote:
2021/03/24 17:44:47
I was thinking of nuking it and doing minimal / webserver install which AFAIK, wont partition that way.
"Minimal", "webserver", "Gnome Desktop" are all just preselected sets of packages that will be installed, if you choose them. That has no effect on storage layout. The installer runs the same disk setup for all of them. Therefore, you have to choose the manual option during install to change the partitioning.
Well, either way for MC server management, I've no other options but maybe McMyAdmin which can also run on Windows and not just Linux... and they charge you I wana say 10gbp per f'n server allowance. But for all I know work the same way on Linux as the panel I'm using now which is Unlimited in the number of game servers I can have.

MoreBloodWine

Re: So I got a weird disk size thing...

Post by MoreBloodWine » 2021/03/24 20:11:46

Anyway, data files for the servers themselves as far as I can tell can't be moved and are generally under 80mb each with no addons / plugins etc, probably I'm guessing no more than ~100mb each w plugins. But everything from server jars to backups for said servers, I am pretty sure I can change the pathing for so the only thing tech in root w the panel itself are the server files themselves.

So I can make it work I guess in the end without having to nuke or resize anything. I mean I suppose I might steal 50gb down to road to double root size but that's whatever for now.