isohybrid: unable to find efi image

General support questions
Bluevoodu

isohybrid: unable to find efi image

Post by Bluevoodu » 2020/10/21 18:55:23

I am attempting to create a simple bootable Centos 7 image. I went through and created the options from the GUI menu... which created the anaconda-ks.cfg. I created this by mounting the the iso via cd-rom on a hyper-v vm... and ran through through the GUI there. The other difference is... I copied the anaconda-ks.cfg to another server via scp instead of using the original server. But it fails either way... I tried the instructions on both servers.

I saw there was another topic on this, but no answer. Topic:
viec.php?f=47&t=69225

I followed the Centos 7 Article - the cdrom / dvd instructions:
https://docs.centos.org/en-US/centos/in ... tallation/

The ISO I used is:
CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2003.iso

After creating the anaconda-ks.cfg, I started the instructions the at the above link. I tried both ... copying the iso to /tmp and also just copying the files from the mounted /dev/cdrom (IE I mounted that device to /mnt/cdrom)... both ways worked about the same with slight variance to how you copy the files. This is what I entered... and EVERYTHING works until the final instruction which I will point out.

Code: Select all

mount -o loop /tmp/CentOS-server-7.8.2003-x86_64-dvd.iso /mnt/cdrom

mkdir /root/CentOS-install/

cp /root/anaconda-ks.cfg /root/CentOS-install/

shopt -s dotglob

cp -avRf /mnt/* /root/CentOS-install/

umount /mnt/cdrom

isoinfo -d -i CentOS-7-x86_64-DVD-2003.iso | grep "Volume id" | sed -e 's/Volume id: //' -e 's/ /\\x20/g'
--- Response: CentOS\x207\x20x86_64

Step 8 - Add a new menu entry to the boot /root/CentOS-install/isolinux/isolinux.cfg:

label kickstart
menu label ^Kickstart Installation of CentOS 7.2003
kernel vmlinuz
append initrd=initrd.img inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64 inst.ks=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64:/anaconda-ks.cfg
step 9 - cdrom:
Edit the file /root/rhel-install/EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg (My path is /root/CentOS-install/EFI/BOOT/grub.cfg ):
Add a new menu entry to the file:

'Kickstart Installation of CentOS 7.2003' --class fedora --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
        linuxefi /images/pxeboot/vmlinuz inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64 inst.ks=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64:/anaconda-ks.cfg
        initrdefi /images/pxeboot/initrd.img
}
Step 10 - Create the /root/CentOS-ks.iso file from the working directory (I've tried several different naming schemes):

mkisofs -J -T -o /root/CentOS7-ks.iso -b isolinux/isolinux.bin \
-c isolinux/boot.cat -no-emul-boot -boot-load-size 4 -boot-info-table \
-R -m TRANS.TBL -graft-points -V "CentOS 7 x86_64" \
/root/CentOS-install/
Step 11 -

isohybrid --uefi /root/CentOS7-ks.iso
AND I get:
isohybrid: CentOS-ks.iso: unable to find efi image

Output of step 8 file:

menu separator # insert an empty line

label linux
  menu label ^Install CentOS 7
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64 quiet
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64 quiet

label kickstart
  menu label ^Kickstart Installation of CentOS 7
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64 inst.ks=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64:/anaconda-ks.cfg

label check
  menu label Test this ^media & install CentOS 7
  menu default
  kernel vmlinuz
  append initrd=initrd.img inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64 rd.live.check quiet
Output of step 9 file:

### BEGIN /etc/grub.d/10_linux ###
menuentry 'Install CentOS 7' --class fedora --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
        linuxefi /images/pxeboot/vmlinuz inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64 quiet
}
menuentry 'Kickstart Installation of CentOS 7' --class fedora --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
        linuxefi /images/pxeboot/vmlinuz inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64 inst.ks=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64:/anaconda-ks.cfg
}
menuentry 'Test this media & install CentOS 7' --class fedora --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
        linuxefi /images/pxeboot/vmlinuz inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64 rd.live.check quiet
}
submenu 'Troubleshooting -->' {
        menuentry 'Install CentOS 7 in basic graphics mode' --class fedora --class gnu-linux --class gnu --class os {
                linuxefi /images/pxeboot/vmlinuz inst.stage2=hd:LABEL=CentOS\x207\x20x86_64 xdriver=vesa nomodeset quiet
Does anyone have an idea why this is not working? I found a RHEL bug report from 7 years ago... that I would think would be fixed by now. I've tried about every other suggestion on the web so far and cannot get beyond this last error. I appreciate your help and time.

Return to “CentOS 7 - General Support”