Repoforge for Centos 7 Release Date?

General support questions
gerald_clark

Re: Repoforge for Centos 7 Release Date?

Post by gerald_clark » 2014/07/12 17:33:14

Repoforge is the new name for rpmforge. http://repoforge.org

It is not a matter of yum "evolving". The issue is incompatible repos, so priorities and/or incudes/excludes are still needed

jdritchie

Post by jdritchie » 2014/07/12 17:37:01

gerald_clark wrote:Repoforge is the new name for rpmforge. http://repoforge.org

It is not a matter of yum "evolving". The issue is incompatible repos, so priorities and/or incudes/excludes are still needed
Thanks for the info on yum, actually Repoforge is a combination of 2 repositories including rpmforge according to what they claim on their site. So perhaps the other repo is not done with their end yet hence, no el7 repo available for repoforge but there is an el7 repo for rpmforge repo.

sblantipodi

Post by sblantipodi » 2014/07/13 00:24:05

jdritchie wrote:
TrevorH wrote:I use nux-dextop for vlc and multimedia related packages. It depends on EPEL but that's always useful to have anyway.
Hey Trevor, just wanted to note that the rpmforge repository (not repoforge) is still continuing. "DAG" has added many new packages to his repository at rpmforge however, I will stick to your suggestion of nux repo instead. I added it just to checkout the packages and it looks a bit slow and a lot of outdated packages in there as well. I will be adding your suggested Multimedia Repo today to go along with my EPEL repo.

Another question I have is do you believe yum has evolved to a point where it doesn't require the yum_priorities package to deal with multiple repositories? Or would you still recommend it for use with multiple 3rd party repos (since nux is supposedly working well with epel)?
I can't find the RPM of the RPMFORGE repo, can you help me please?

jdritchie

Post by jdritchie » 2014/07/13 03:41:57

sblantipodi wrote:
jdritchie wrote:
TrevorH wrote:I use nux-dextop for vlc and multimedia related packages. It depends on EPEL but that's always useful to have anyway.
Hey Trevor, just wanted to note that the rpmforge repository (not repoforge) is still continuing. "DAG" has added many new packages to his repository at rpmforge however, I will stick to your suggestion of nux repo instead. I added it just to checkout the packages and it looks a bit slow and a lot of outdated packages in there as well. I will be adding your suggested Multimedia Repo today to go along with my EPEL repo.

Another question I have is do you believe yum has evolved to a point where it doesn't require the yum_priorities package to deal with multiple repositories? Or would you still recommend it for use with multiple 3rd party repos (since nux is supposedly working well with epel)?
I can't find the RPM of the RPMFORGE repo, can you help me please?
don't remember i deleted it it was not a good repo barely anything in it nux is much better.

williamjmorenor

Post by williamjmorenor » 2014/07/16 21:14:20

+1 the nux desktop have nice packges for EL7 for desktop like Skype, XBMC, VLC and OpenShop :)

toracat
Site Admin

Post by toracat » 2014/07/16 21:38:06

You probably mean OpenShot. :)
CentOS Forum FAQ