gnome menu icons missing

If it doesn't fit in another category, ask it here.
jazzman

gnome menu icons missing

Post by jazzman » 2006/09/02 10:22:31

Hi!
I installed 3 new applications lately: Mplayer, Sweep and Graveman. They all work perfectly. The only problem is that their icons don't appear on the Gnome menu. So I did some research and found out that the icons that appear in the menu are located in /usr/share/pixmaps. Then I began searching for the icons of the new applications I installed and found them in /usr/local/share/pixmaps. So I opened the Terminal, logged in as root and moved the files to /usr/share/pixmaps. This didn't seem to do the trick since the icons still don't appear on the Gnome menu. When I tried to change the "Launcher Properties" of one of the applications in the Gnome menu I couldn't change a thing.

Please help me with this minor problem...
Jazzman

jazzman

Solved!

Post by jazzman » 2006/09/02 18:16:54

Problem solved!
Interestingly enough after copying the appropriate icons into /usr/share/pixmaps/, I right clicked on the Top Panel, selected "Add to Panel..." and picked out "Menu Bar". The new menu bar that was created had the missing icons! All I had to do was delete the old one, move the new one into place and problem solved! :-D

Return to “CentOS 4 - Miscellaneous Questions”