php and horde

If it doesn't fit in another category, ask it here.
seekuel

php and horde

Post by seekuel » 2006/02/16 11:03:37

Greetings people

May I know if the php packaged with CentOS 4.2 supports horde imp without any recompilation to php?

Thanks

mrjhb3-centos

Re: php and horde

Post by mrjhb3-centos » 2006/02/26 16:58:42

[quote]
seekuel wrote:
Greetings people

May I know if the php packaged with CentOS 4.2 supports horde imp without any recompilation to php?

Thanks[/quote]

If you are still looking for an answer, it's yes and no. The latest horde components will work with the version of php installed with CentOS, with one exception. You will not be able to use Kronolith's e-mail reminders. The reason is that the php version in CentOS is the cgi version and Kronolith's e-mail reminder script needs the cli version.

Here is what I have installed.

php-4.3.9-3.9

php -v
PHP 4.3.9 (cgi) (built: Nov 10 2005 20:38:14)
Copyright (c) 1997-2004 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v1.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2004 Zend Technologies

I don't know how to compile php, and I have been looking for an RPM that is the cli version for either CentOS or RHEL4, but haven't had any luck. Also, I want to stay with php-4.

If you have any ideas on where I can look for a CLI compiled version, I would be most gratefull.

Hope the other information is helpful,

John Bennett

seekuel

Re: php and horde

Post by seekuel » 2006/03/16 03:41:05

sorry for the delay in replying sir,

Sir Im just above a newbie and I am willing to learn more and this are my idea.

I found this website ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/linux/updates/enterprise/4AS/en/os/SRPMS/
and the source rpms are available from thre you can download the latest php srpm and you can rebuild php rpm with CLI using the spec.

and I think that this must be added to yum.conf:
exclude=php

so that when updating via yum our personalised php rebuild will not be ovewritten.

rebuild from source:
#rpmbuild --rebuild --with cnt40 package.src.rpm

Unpack the php srpm and edit the spec file I think its found in the /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/ directory:
#rpm -Uvh package.src.rpm

rebuild from spec file:
#rpmbuild -bb --with cnt40 /usr/src/redhat/SPECS/spec file

This is the source site http://www.giorgiotobia.it/node/4 and http://www.qmailtoaster.com/

By the way sir using this command:

#yum groupinstall Horde-Apps

horde will be installed. I stoped at this point for now because on a test server I failed to make horde function and connect to qmail.

Sir, please let me know on how you setup horde and if by editing the spec file worked for you. My MTA is qmail.

That's it for now.

Thanks,

Sandeil Tenebro

Return to “CentOS 4 - Miscellaneous Questions”