Centos 4.3 x86_64 on ASUS M2N32 SLI hangs

Support for the other architectures (X86_64, s390(x) and PowerPC)
spejarn

Centos 4.3 x86_64 on ASUS M2N32 SLI hangs

Post by spejarn » 2006/08/26 21:44:19

Hello all !

I am running Centos 4.3 x86_64, kernel 2.6.9-42.0.2, on the motherboard ASUS M2N32 SLI Deluxe. I have had some minor issues but they are starting to disappear as new updates are released.
One issue that has not, and which I can not live with, is that Centos hangs quite often. The only thing to do when this happens is to reset the computer the hard way.

My questions are:
- Has anyone else experienced this problem with the 64 bit version ?
- Since I am a newbie, where do I start when investigating what might be wrong ? I can not see any specific pattern i.e. the problem has occured while surfing the web (Firefox), starting Thunderbird
and during the screen saver.

If someone needs more information about my system to be able to help, just let me know.

Best regards,
Magnus

amarand

Re: Centos 4.3 x86_64 on ASUS M2N32 SLI hangs

Post by amarand » 2006/09/12 19:25:24

I'm considering purchasing the ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe specifically to run as a dual-homed CentOS firewall/mail/web-server (well, and a workstation to play with as well), and I'm also wondering if anyone's had any experience with this particular motherboard and the latest version of CentOS (4.4)? I saw that someone had difficulties with the on-board dual network cards (something I -will- need to get working for the whole firewall thing), and I intend to run SATA drives in RAID 5. How's the support looking on that? Is there a matrix somewhere?

Also, I like the features of this motherboard, although I am not married to this (although I do like the ASUS product line in general). Is there a motherboard/CPU combo that is similar to this in quality that is known to work very well (i.e. completely supported and decent performance)?

Thank you!

Return to “CentOS 4 - X86_64,s390(x) and PowerPC Support”