Support for security such as Firewalls and securing linux
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 2007/06/20 19:26:34
In securing my box I need to let some users ftp in. But other than ftp and email they don't need any other privileges.
Suggestions on what shell to assign?
- Posts: 1478
- Joined: 2006/05/29 16:50:11
- Location: San Francisco, CA
Look at the -r switch for the bash shell (or start bash with the name "rbash") in "man bash".
- Posts: 7
- Joined: 2007/07/23 06:23:53
- Location: Adelaide, Australia
I'm not sure, but would /bin/false work as a shell and still give them ftp and mail?