General mail account in Dovecot has lost Inbox over IMAP from OE,

Installing, Configuring, Troubleshooting server daemons such as Web and Mail
NewbieUK

General mail account in Dovecot has lost Inbox over IMAP fro

Post by NewbieUK » 2008/07/28 11:02:07

I am completely new to this and am only doing it as the guy who usually supports our Linux box is on holiday for a month out of contact.

we have a Centos 4 setup using Dovecot (and spamassasin), each of our WinXP machines accesses it's email account using OE6 via IMAP

The main mail account: allmail which receives all fetchmail daemons and wrongly addressed emails as well as emails to mail@ has developed a problem. Suddenly on Friday OE6 started saying it could not read the Inbox folder and I needed to synchronize the IMAP Folders. I have tried doing this umpteen times and still no success. So i tried using anUbuntu/evolution desktop to access the mails, same problem. I can access other folders like sent items and poss_spam and all other identities are able to access all of their folders.

There is a possiblilty that shortly before it went wrong both the Xp and Ubuntu machines tried to simultaneusly check the account if that might have caused the problem

The only solutions I have tried at present are going into our mail at the ISP via webwmail to check no large message is blocking it (nope) and also I had the cunning plan of editing the aliases table to redirect all mail for mail@ to another account, that broke every account so I put it back.

When I look in /home/allmail I can see 2 folders Mail (contains lots of archived sent items folders etc) and MBox (empty), and 3 files sent items, drafts & user_pref

Any ideas ?

By the way being new to this if I haven't given enough info for an answer just shout the questions

Return to “CentOS 4 - Server Support”