Help PHP server Compile

Installing, Configuring, Troubleshooting server daemons such as Web and Mail
wififan

Help PHP server Compile

Post by wififan » 2007/01/01 19:43:35

Hey all,

I hope someone out there can help me I am really running into a wall here.

I have a fresh install of CENTOS 4.4 with apache mysql php and imagemagick installed. My developers need to have access to imagemagick but I cannot seem to recompile the sources so that I can enable --with-magickwand=/usr/local/bin I have upgraded to php5.1 earlier this month from the centosplus repository that was a src.rpm. But It seems that I am unable to modify the sources for that as well.

My question is what are the flags to compile php 5.2 from source? I think I have this about done I just need the flags. This is just a bland old centos install with all yum updates nothing is special except for what I am trying to recompile with php.

I did create a phpinfo and looked at the ./configure commands that were ran and tried to mirror that but it came up with errors before I modified anything.
Below are the ./configure commands that I tried which I thought would work since the src.rpm does the same commands and it works fine.

./configure --build=i686-rehat-linux-gnu --host=i686-redhat-linux-gnu --target=i386-redhat-linux-gnu --program-prefix= --prefix=usr --exec-prefix=/usr --bindir=/usr/bin --sbindir=/usr/sbin --sysconfigdir=/etc --datadir=/usr/share --includedir=/usr/com --mandir=/usr/share/man/ --infodir=/usr/share/info/ --cache-file=./config.cache --with-libdir=lib --with-config-file-path=/etc --with-config-file-scan-dir=/etc/php.d --disable-debug --with-pic --disable-rpath --without-pear --with-bz2 --with-curl --with-exec-dir=/usr/bin --with-freetype-dir=/usr --with-png-dir=/usr --enable-gd-native-ttf --without-gdbn --with-gettext --with-gmp --with-iconv --with-jpeg-dir=/usr --with-openssl --with-png --with-pspell --with-expat-dir=/usr --with-pcre-regex=/usr --with-zlib --with-layout=GNU --enable-exif --enable-ftp --enable-magic-quotes --enable-track-vars --enable-sockets --enable-sysvsem --enable-sysvshm --enable-sysvmsg --enable-trans-sid --enable-yp --enable-wddx --with-kerberos --enable-ucd-snmp-hack --with-unixODBC=shared,/usr --enable-memory-limit --enable-shmop --enable-calendar --enable-dbx --enable-dio --with-mime-magic=/etc/httpd/conf/magic --without-sqlite --with-libxml-dir=/usr --with-xml --with-apxs2=/usr/sbin/apxs --without-mysql --without-gd --without-odbc --disable-dom --disable-dba --without-unixODBC --disable-pdo --disable-xmlreader --disable-xmlwriter --with-magickwand=/usr/local/bin

Much Thanks
Q

jasonxoxide

Help PHP server Compile

Post by jasonxoxide » 2007/01/03 21:20:40

You're probably best off following the How-To that I wrote on rebuilding the src.rpm from FC7.

[url=http://www.jasonlitka.com/2006/11/30/upgrading-php-520-rhel-centos/]Upgrading to PHP 5.2.0 on RHEL and CentOS 4[/url]

This one may also be of interest.

[url=http://www.jasonlitka.com/2006/12/20/php-caching-and-acceleration-with-xcache/]PHP Caching and Acceleration with XCache[/url]

Return to “CentOS 4 - Server Support”