Need Help with Centos [disk partitioning]

Issues related to software problems
Post Reply
aimhigher101
Posts: 4
Joined: 2008/02/06 10:25:22

Need Help with Centos [disk partitioning]

Post by aimhigher101 » 2008/02/22 13:39:09

hi dudes im new to centos and i mainly use windows os and have used ubuntu workstation os. What i need to know is is there gnome partition editor on centos? or is there a equivalent of this in centos?
Btw if there is gnome partition editor on centos can you tell me how to install this and how to get it running?
thanks for all help

gerald_clark
Posts: 10642
Joined: 2005/08/05 15:19:54
Location: Northern Illinois, USA

Re: Need Help with Centos [disk partitioning]

Post by gerald_clark » 2008/02/22 14:03:45

No, there is not, and there is no need for one.
Your disks should be ready for the installation before you insert the DVD.

If you need gparted download the live CD from

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/

gpagael
Posts: 2
Joined: 2009/01/08 19:01:46

Re: Need Help with Centos [disk partitioning]

Post by gpagael » 2009/01/08 19:04:38

[quote]
gerald_clark wrote:
No, there is not, and there is no need for one.
Your disks should be ready for the installation before you insert the DVD.

If you need gparted download the live CD from

http://gparted.sourceforge.net/[/quote]

Hmmm, so it is not allowed to add new disk(s) after installing CentOS ?

User avatar
toracat
Forum Moderator
Posts: 7453
Joined: 2006/09/03 16:37:24
Location: California, US
Contact:

Re: Need Help with Centos [disk partitioning]

Post by toracat » 2009/01/08 20:33:40

[quote]
gpagael wrote:

Hmmm, so it is not allowed to add new disk(s) after installing CentOS ?[/quote]
You can use [b]gparted[/b] which is available from the rpmforge repository. Please see:

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

for instructions on how to set up this repository.

gpagael
Posts: 2
Joined: 2009/01/08 19:01:46

Re: Need Help with Centos [disk partitioning]

Post by gpagael » 2009/01/10 01:29:53

[quote]
toracat wrote:

You can use [b]gparted[/b] which is available from the rpmforge repository. Please see:

http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories

for instructions on how to set up this repository.[/quote]

This was a valuable piece of information, and the instructions there are great.

I was missing gparted in CentOS, but not anymore.

Thank you!\

Post Reply

Return to “CentOS 4 - Software Support”