Multi-server Webhosting

Support for webhosts that use CentOS
atticusservices

Multi-server Webhosting

Post by atticusservices » 2011/06/17 16:54:01

I have setup LAMP on CentOS before. I use Rackspace Cloud Servers and have a load balancer available through them. I have website going live in the next month that will be "High Demand". Since we dont know what the exact usage will be I want to make the host solution as scalable as possible.

What I'm looking to do is have initially is (2) Apache server, (1) MYSQL server w/ (1) backup MYSQL server and (1) NAS for user generated content. I would like to set this up in a manner that will allow me to add additional Apache and MySQL servers.

I'm not sure where to even begin google'ing my question. Can someone point me in the right direction please?

Thank you,
Daniel S

ixeous

Multi-server Webhosting

Post by ixeous » 2011/06/22 18:02:02

Apache (and system) - look into the load balancing issues. Check out piranha documentation or other load balanacer documentation (barracuda's documentation is pretty good as it refers to this) to determing routing/direct return configurations and issues. Also, your web data other than sql will need to be located on the NAS/SAN and shared among all Apache servers simultaneously which can introduce cluster file system needs for a SAN. Or it will need to be replicated among all servers regularly to get changes.

MySQL - look into replication. don't forget to account for read-only configurations vs read-write configurations and how that affects how the site should be written.

Return to “CentOS 5 - Webhosting Support”