Help troubleshooting mysql

Support for webhosts that use CentOS
Zulan

Post by Zulan » 2008/02/04 09:21:11

Hello!

I've recently switched to Centos 5 for my webserver, I used to use windows servers. Everyting has been working fine for months, but then all of a sudden it seems to me mysql died. I keep getting really strange results and I have no idea how to fix it or how to find out what happened.

I tried checking the mysql log files but they seems to be missing. I can log on with MySQL administrator, and then go to Server Logs and there everything is grayed out and it says Error Log /var/log/mysql/mysql.err: Invalid file. Logfile not found. Under Server Information it says that the service is running. If I go to Catalogs, everything is grayed out as well. If I go to Service Control and try to stop the server it says: Could not locate mysql startup script, please go to perferences and specify its location. I then did a yum install mysql hoping it would bring back the lost files like logs and so on. But it didnt help much.

Is there anyone out there that has some sort of idea where I should start?

Any help would be greatly appreciated :-)

Thanks for listeing...

gerald_clark

Post by gerald_clark » 2008/02/04 14:38:48

Forget the GUI.
Look for /var/log/mysqld.log

Zulan

Re: Help troubleshooting mysql

Post by Zulan » 2008/02/05 08:18:35

Thanks! I coudn't figure what happened to the database, but somehow it got currupt. Restoring to an older version fixed the problem.

Return to “CentOS 5 - Webhosting Support”