[SOLVED] cannot see server from non local address

Issues related to configuring your network
badbash27

Post by badbash27 » 2011/09/28 06:30:39

Hey guys,

Ran into a problem today while configuring apache. For what ever reason I cannot see my server from anywhere besides my local network. I am really not new to configuring apache, or hosting
domains. Which is why this has me extra stumped. I have configured httpd.conf several times, and everything should be alright there. And yes I made sure to restart the service.
( had a couple other guys look at it too and give it a thumbs up, will post it tho per request )

I have the firewall disabled for testing purposes, as well as selinux. The router is forwarding port 80 as it should, and the internal and external IP's are static. ( started out with the external
as dynamic, but changed it thinking it might make a difference. ) I have added port 80 to the iptables, and made sure that ipchains wasn't installed / running. I have no idea what I am doing wrong, but I am getting
ready just to run the darn thing on winblows (gasp)

If anyone can be of assistance, I would really appreciate it.
Thanks in advance guys!

r_hartman

Re: cannot see server from non local address

Post by r_hartman » 2011/09/28 09:11:49

[quote]
badbash27 wrote:
For what ever reason I cannot see my server from anywhere besides my local network.[/quote]
Please specify 'see'. Is there no route to the box (no access on ip-address), or can you just not resolve it's hostname?

badbash27

Re: cannot see server from non local address

Post by badbash27 » 2011/09/28 09:57:36

sorry, probably should have specified that. I meant that there is no open path to the box. I did figure it out though. Apparently my POS ISP ( charter ) blocks port 80 among some random others.

very very unhappy with them right now. And, because of the po-dunk town I am in, they are the only ISP I can get.

[SOLVED]

AlanBartlett
Forum Moderator

Post by AlanBartlett » 2011/09/28 19:09:32

Thank you for reporting back with the details.

For posterity (and on your behalf) this thread is marked [SOLVED].