Cent OS Active Directory

Issues related to configuring your network
netcotech

Cent OS Active Directory

Post by netcotech » 2011/08/30 03:12:02

Hi

I have a few question about Active directory ( Sorry but I am new in linux , I am coming from windows background )

1. Can I use Centos ( Samba ) as active directory stand alone server , without having real active directory ?

2. if not I am looking to have something like active directory or like Old Novell client access when you login to Novell server

my whole idea is to change my windows server ( That I hate , I have 3 mcse and MCDBA and a lot more ) I don't like that I need to
charge my customer a lot of moony very time to have a file,firewall and mail server .

I am using cent os as a file server and it works good for me , I was reading like 2 months for a good linux , until I found that I need to stick with centos

I have books and I am reading everyday for the last 2 weeks and I like it so much , but I need to find the right way to do it

Thanks , and hopefully one day I will be helping other people in this forum

pschaff
Retired Moderator

Cent OS Active Directory

Post by pschaff » 2011/09/12 21:23:16

Welcome to the CentOS fora. Please see the recommended reading for new users linked in my signature.

Have a look at 389-ds from the [url=http://wiki.centos.org/AdditionalResources/Repositories?highlight=%28EPEL%29]EPEL repo[/url].