IPA does not start at boot

General support questions
giobaxx

IPA does not start at boot

Post by giobaxx » 2021/06/20 11:33:26

Hello to everyone

I started to work in with IPA server installed in an old RHEL 6 and to just play and learn i wanted to reply the environment in a CentOS 6. Machine
I follow some guide google and the installation worked pretty fine and the IPA server was working. The rebooting the system IPA stoped to work,

During the boot the service named, then KDC failed to start, but if, after boot if run ipactl status the answer is tha the direcory services has not started but if i manually start the IPA Server manually with ipactl start everything start without issue and work smoothly.

Basically it seems that it is just not possible to to run the service at boot, so there is some service dependency that i miss to configure at boot?

Thans A.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: IPA does not start at boot

Post by TrevorH » 2021/06/20 12:37:33

CentOS 6 is dead and has been since November 2020 and you should get off it ASAP. For that reason, your best path forward would be to set up a test system on a newer operating system and migrate your setup over to it.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

giobaxx

Post by giobaxx » 2021/06/20 14:38:20

...ufortunately i'm a just a simple employee and it is not up to me to update, I have to work on what they have .....

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2021/06/20 15:44:13

You need to explain to your boss/employers that the current version is out of date, unsupported and will never receive any updates. It's akin to running Windows XP - would they do that?
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke