Auto-Login as Root for Standard User account

General support questions
soulman901

Auto-Login as Root for Standard User account

Post by soulman901 » 2020/09/03 15:46:04

I have an account that I'm trying to setup for Root access. I've done everything to get sudo and sudo -i working for the account. The group that I am working with is insisting that they want Root access for the account upon login without having to do sudo -i. Their reasoning is for the scripts that they need to run to manage the system. I can't seem to find anything from anyone on how to set it up so that it goes to root after initial login on that standard account. I did find some documentation for modifying the tty.conf file but I don't want to have that setup for all users on the machine, only this specific user.
Anyone have an idea on how this might be accomplished?

Thanks for any assistance.

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Auto-Login as Root for Standard User account

Post by TrevorH » 2020/09/03 17:21:31

The group that I am working with is insisting that they want Root access for the account upon login without having to do sudo -i.
And which of you will be responsible for the server maintenance etc ? If it's them then check if they will take full responsibility for the server in its entirety. If it's you then you get to pick who has what access and I'd thoroughly recommend restricting them via sudo to only those things that they should be allowed to do. And then ignore the cries of pain from them and tell them that's the way it is and they should get used to it!
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke