Anyone using the NigthwatchJS?

General support questions
aimancall

Anyone using the NigthwatchJS?

Post by aimancall » 2021/05/07 11:52:03

Hi there,

I am trying to run the NigthwatchJS on centos-release-6-10.el6.centos.12.3.x86_64.
I was able to install nodejs and npm thjen finally NigthwatchJS but I trying to run - I've got some strange JS(NigthwatchJS ) related errors. Thinking it can be due to wrong paths(as NigthwatchJS was installed locally) - I decided to install NigthwatchJS globally to run it from "anywhere". Then all hell broke loose :)

I was not able to run npm nor node anymore:
node: /lib64/libc.so.6: version `GLIBC_2.16' not found (required by node)

Then trying to install then uninstall again - I was getting the same error. I've removed all node related folders, no different.
Finally, I've removed npm and node and decided to ask here.

Is anyone able to help with making NigthwatchJS up and running?

TrevorH
Site Admin

Re: Anyone using the NigthwatchJS?

Post by TrevorH » 2021/05/07 12:33:40

You need to stop using CentOS 6. It's dead and will receive no more updates which means it becomes increasingly dangerous to run. There are already exploits for CentOS 6 that allow unprivileged users to become root.

The error you are getting means that the app is built to run on a newer version of CentOS than you have. CentOS 6 had glibc 2.12 if I remember right and you cannot upgrade glibc without breaking everything else.

Start over on a new version of CentOS.
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke

aimancall

Post by aimancall » 2021/05/07 13:10:58

@TrevorH - Thanks for quick reply. It all makes sense - I see there is no way to make it. I have no chance to update the OS - it is not my decision, for some reason my boss is some way attached to it. I think it is something like "it works, do not touch it" Big thanks anyway - I see now that I can stop trying with the light heart :)

TrevorH
Site Admin

Post by TrevorH » 2021/05/07 14:37:55

It's unsafe to run. Ask your boss if he'd be comfortable if you ran up a copy of Windows XP and stuck that on the internet...
The future appears to be RHEL or Debian. I think I'm going Debian.
Info for USB installs on http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/InstallFromUSBkey
CentOS 5 and 6 are deadest, do not use them.
Use the FAQ Luke