Failing to access CentOS server

A 5 star hangout for overworked and underpaid system admins.
sitholeluke838

Failing to access CentOS server

Post by sitholeluke838 » 2019/12/04 16:17:39

I need your Help

I was restoring data on our CentOS virtual Server for published results and registration record. During the process i have experienced some power cuts. When power gets restored i have failed to finish the data restoration and showed an error message. The problem now is when i try to access the database using the IP adress of the server or URL i can not access it. It gives a message that the site is not secured. I can access the database from the back end and veiw all the data but front end is down. Can you help me i am stuck

I am using CentOS 6

aks

Re: Failing to access CentOS server

Post by aks » 2019/12/15 08:39:57

experienced some power cuts. When power gets restored i have failed to finish the data restoration and showed an error message.
Damn those power cuts. What error message?
database using the IP adress of the server or URL i can not access it.
Is the database actually running?
It gives a message that the site is not secured.
What database (MySQL/PostgreSQL/Oracle etc.)? How are you accessing the database (native client/browser etc.)? What is the "it" in the above quote?
veiw all the data but front end is down
Good, the data is there. What are you using to access the database?

At a guess, you're using a browser to access the database. Your browser is telling you that the site is not secure (probably from a SSL/TLS viewpoint). Usually that's down to certificates and/or the certificate chain. But that's a guess until we know more.